Other Potential Gopher Portal Entrants?

cemba99

Bruce Smith for Governor
Reaction score
Guesses as to other Gopher players who may hit the portal soon? The one I am worried about is Darius Taylor - while he certainly will not lack not for playing time going forward once healthy - he may think that some of the "blue bloods" that recruited him late (Michigan, Notre Dame), could be worth a second look.

I think Daniel Jackson makes a lot of sense. He has the chance to put up big numbers in a more pass happy offense. I hope he stays but I'd get it if he doesn't, especially now with the QB situation.

up to 5 so far. But 3 of them are walk-ons.

I think Daniel Jackson makes a lot of sense. He has the chance to put up big numbers in a more pass happy offense. I hope he stays but I'd get it if he doesn't, especially now with the QB situation.

This would be one that would make a lot of sense.

I don’t know why we give two shits about Darius Taylor. If we’re gonna have to worry every day about him leaving then goodbye. One thing we’ve been able to do is recruit running backs. He’s a very good talent but doesn’t not breakaway speed.

basically any of our good players
Darius Taylor
Daniel Jackson
Jay Johner
Justin Walley

if the money starts coming at them who knows

basically any of our good players
Darius Taylor
Daniel Jackson
Jay Johner
Justin Walley

if the money starts coming at them who knows
I think Jackson has to sit out a year since it would be his 2nd transfer.

I don’t know why we give two shits about Darius Taylor. If we’re gonna have to worry every day about him leaving then goodbye. One thing we’ve been able to do is recruit running backs. He’s a very good talent but doesn’t not breakaway speed.
To be fair, that has nothing to do with Taylor himself. That's just Gophers fans speculating and will be the case with just about any good player we have.

It appears the 2024 portal party has already started so we shouldn't have to waste a bunch of time guessing as to who might leave. Should find out pretty quickly.

We do or should I say I do as a fan because we rarely get out of state 4⭐️ recruits to pick us. I hope and wish he will stay.

To be fair, that has nothing to do with Taylor himself. That's just Gophers fans speculating and will be the case with just about any good player we have.
Sort of. It all started after the coach had that he wouldn't be here next year and then went directly into his NIL rant on his radio show. It didn't take much dot connecting to talk directly about how well Taylor was doing, then steering the conversation immediately to NIL.

Top Bottom