Other Gopher Coach Candidates records

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Dennis Gates stayed at Cleveland St. He is 4-3 and 2-0 in conference.
Most impressive game: Went to overtime at OK-State and lost.

Niko Medved has Colorado St is 9-0.
Win over Miss St and Creighton on neutral courts.
RPI of 14 and Net of 27.

Brian Dutcher is 7-3 at San Diego St.
Net of 63, RPI of 32.
Wins over Georgetown and St. Mary's.

Craig Smith went to Utah from Utah St and is 6-4.
Wins over Boston College and Cal so far.
Net of 85. RPI of 34

Porter Moser was questionably a candidate and ended up going to Oklahoma
He is 9-2 overall
Wins over Florida and Arkansas
Net of 40. RPI of 58

Eric Musselman is at Arkansas. Many wanted him to be considered but probably never was.
They are 10-2.
They have beaten Cincy and Kansas St for their best wins.
Net of 90. RPI of 90.

What are Ben’s comparable stats?

Gates, Dutcher, and Smith were the only on this list given serious consideration. The others weren’t really a part of the search for a variety of reasons.

Gates, Dutcher, and Smith were the only on this list given serious consideration. The others weren’t really a part of the search for a variety of reasons.
Porter Moser was absolutely in consideration and was perhaps the front runner. Will leave it at that.

Happy with Ben and think long term being will not be out worked and so far can coach.

I only care about our coach’s record

i apologize…I didn’t mean to step on your Hall Monitor badge. Free milk at noon, though, dude:
Imagine brigading threads just to complain about them lol. Surely you have better things to do with your time?

Clown.

Imagine brigading threads just to complain about them lol. Surely you have better things to do with your time?

Clown.
Oh no....another devastating retort from Hall Monitor Parcival. If you can't play well with others, just play with yourself.

Porter Moser was absolutely in consideration and was perhaps the front runner. Will leave it at that.

Happy with Ben and think long term being will not be out worked and so far can coach.
No

I only care about our coach’s record

i apologize…I didn’t mean to step on your Hall Monitor badge. Free milk at noon, though, dude:
It is free country. You have the freedom to not read a thread you do not care about and we have the freedom to mock you for reading it and complaining about it. No hall monitors needed, just common sense and a dose of reality.

Why wasn't Medved?

It is free country. You have the freedom to not read a thread you do not care about and we have the freedom to mock you for reading it and complaining about it. No hall monitors needed, just common sense and a dose of reality.
Careful man, call that guy out for being a complete jackass and he'll call you a hall monitor. Oh, the horror :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not for a second did I ever attempt to discredit the value of the thread as it’s been implied. I’m a Gopher fan. I only care about the Gophers. I only care about our coach’s record. It’s not a complicated concept.

Why wasn't Medved?
Don’t know. His resume isn’t really all that impressive, but Coyle obviously didn’t hire the guy with the most impressive head coaching resume. (Not meant to be a shot at Johnson, just the reality.) Gates, Dutcher, and Smith were contacted to interview. Gates refused, and the other two were set to interview when the hire was made. Medved’s people reached out, but Coyle wasn’t interested. Ben Jacobson was also involved, but my understanding is that was more Coyle doing his due diligence on Ben Johnson since Johnson was an assistant at UNI under Jacobson.

Oh no....another devastating retort from Hall Monitor Parcival. If you can't play well with others, just play with yourself.
Gosh, I can imagine claws sharpening when BJ has a misstep in the coming seasons.

Not for a second did I ever attempt to discredit the value of the thread as it’s been implied. I’m a Gopher fan. I only care about the Gophers. I only care about our coach’s record. It’s not a complicated concept.
Oddly there are many, many threads about Ben Johnson but you choose to come in here and complain about the topic…that was clear based on the title of the thread.

Northern Illinois is 2-8 - they have played a tough schedule though

Oddly there are many, many threads about Ben Johnson but you choose to come in here and complain about the topic…that was clear based on the title of the thread.
At what point did I “complain about the topic’? I stated an opinion.

You chose to post in a thread you didn’t care about. Give it up man.
So I didn’t have a curiosity to see what others thought about the thread despite having my own thoughts on the topic? Are you impaired or just looking to cancel someone?

So I didn’t have a curiosity to see what others thought about the thread despite having my own thoughts on the topic? Are you impaired or just looking to cancel someone?
Oh yeah. Cancelling GopherHole posters. That’s my gig

Are Slim Tubby and Barn Burner the same person? Similar argumentation styles.

Are Slim Tubby and Barn Burner the same person? Similar argumentation styles.
I post one opinion in a thread and it becomes an “argumentation style”? You’re certainly Full Bananas.

Barn Burner shares a brain with Les Bolstad so you can officially rule me out.

Top Bottom