OT: Notre Dame Quasi ACC Team

Triple D

Reaction score
Just heard this on the radio. Beginning in 2013-2014 Notre Dame basketball will join the ACC while the football team will play 1/2 their games against ACC football teams with the other 1/2 at their choosing while remaining independent.

Chickenbleeps, either go all in into a Conference with all sports teams or don't go in at all.

They announced this last September. The only difference in yesterday's report was that they are moving to the ACC schedule next season instead of 2014.

I truly hate Notre Dame and I just hope that the Big Ten doesn't ever give Notre Dame any kind of special consideration if they do end up in the B1G. Come in as an equal, or STAY THE **** out. And I don't think ND will be willing to come in as an equal, and I think that, because I think that's why they aren't already in the B1G and one of the reasons why the B1G is moving to expand, so that they have more leverage when going after schools that might otherwise want special consideration. If we get Virginia, but not UNC? Then they'll go after GT instead then hoping the SEC will make a move on NCSU and Virginia Tech, which combined will weaken the ACC enough that hopefully we can get UNC to join up without having to give them any special considerations, except for maybe one, which would be just taking in Duke as well. But I hope that doesn't happen either.

I hope we get UV, GT, UNC & FSU. Then I hope ND demands special consideration and we tell them to FO, and then we take Kansas and Boston College. Would even out the conf and give it a nice east/west balance, would add some punch to the new BTHC, bolster our bb a bit and give our top fb schools lots of decent but not great fb teams to beat up on and look really good against. Or having viable options like KU and BC to take the last 2 spots may give us the leverage we need to force ND to give up their demands for special treatment. ND would help both our fb and hockey and would instantly be the team I'd want the Gophers to beat more than anything, every year, in every sport, almost as much, or maybe more? as with Wisconsin.

Top Bottom