OT - Funny line about the Vikings game yesterday

I happened to be at the game. While really ugly on offense, the defensive battle was incredible. Far from boring IMO, especially once the 4th quarter hit. Too bad the injuries probably hurt them for the playoff run.

Edit: and, yes, I was thinking the Vikes would need to win like Iowa.

I happened to be at the game. While really ugly on offense, the defensive battle was incredible. Far from boring IMO, especially once the 4th quarter hit. Too bad the injuries probably hurt them for the playoff run.

Did you make the walk through Excalibur/Luxor/Mandalay Bay to the stadium? How festive was it with Vikings fans?

The past 3 Pac 12 Championship games I have been to, it's been pretty a pretty fun trek with the fans of the opposing teams at dusk. Fortunately, the weather has been pretty good all 3 times.

Will be interesting to see if the local media mocks and ridicules the Vikings for being around .500 and beating a shitty team 3-0 in a league designed for them to have an equal chance of winning.
I guarantee at list 1 Strib Columnist will mock the Vikings.

As for the Vikings comparisons to the Hawkeyes yesterday, I find the Iowa games more interesting. At least their special teams and defense often find ways to score.
True to form:

Can't disagree with the sentiment.

You're right in saying he is absolutely not the long term answer, because of age.

I look at it the problem as follows:

Let's say Cousins is the 15th-best QB in the league, just to pick a number for the sake of argument (he may actually be better than that, but we'll go with 15th).

What are the actual odds of replacing him with a QB who is (or will be) ranked 14th overall in the NFL, or better? You can find your new guy via the draft, or trade, or free agency.

50-50 odds?
There are 20 or more NFL teams that would take Cousins in a minute.

When was the last time the NFL score and the NHL team score of any city at any time was identical? I say never.

There were a couple of articles I saw that fit the bill

Like that great Twin Cities sports institution (KFAN), these boys are nothing if not 100% predictable. Every day is Groundhog Day.

Ideal scenario would be a couple more years of Cousins and then draft a guy to be the eventual replacement. Easier said than done though in terms of money/length of contract that Cousins would demand.
If you want Cousins for two years the time to draft a successor is now. He will need two years to be ready.

If you want Cousins for two years the time to draft a successor is now. He will need two years to be ready.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Did you make the walk through Excalibur/Luxor/Mandalay Bay to the stadium? How festive was it with Vikings fans?

The past 3 Pac 12 Championship games I have been to, it's been pretty a pretty fun trek with the fans of the opposing teams at dusk. Fortunately, the weather has been pretty good all 3 times.
Yep. It was a sea of purple crossing the Hacienda bridge. I almost felt bad for Raider fans. Similar to Iowa/Fadger games in the Dome a couple decades ago.

Not to go too deep on a Viking topic here, but does it make sense to pay JJ a record contract while saddling him with a rookie QB?

Even with the proliferation of analytics in sports, I don't think I've ever seen any statistical analysis of success rates for first round QBs. My impression is it's pretty hit-and-miss.

Trade JJ

How do they maintain real grass in there? Surface looked dangerous. Especially on the punt return debacle.

Top Bottom