OSU

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
Wow are they overrated. Pounded by Maryland.

Wow are they overrated. Pounded by Maryland.

Agree they have some losses I didn't see coming, but they built very well roster wise and coached very well. They will end up being a beast at the end of the year. I thought Maryland would hit the fan, will be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes, but I don't trust Turgeon to get it done. His teams rarely improve thru the season imo.

Top 25 team with some nice non-conference wins but never a top 10 team. They get the media darling premature rankings bump like Nebraska football.

The only easy game in the B1G is Northwestern at home.

Agree they have some losses I didn't see coming, but they built very well roster wise and coached very well. They will end up being a beast at the end of the year. I thought Maryland would hit the fan, will be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes, but I don't trust Turgeon to get it done. His teams rarely improve thru the season imo.
Agreed! Ohio state was healthy early on, but washington got hurt and now young hasnt played last few games. Cj walker played last night, but was playing under the weather. They havent been healthy lately, but hopefully for them that will change.

They'll still kick our @$$ at Columbus...

OSU dropped out of the top 25. Net ranking is tanking.

got pound by PSU. Nebraska was way to close at Columbus. lost 2 home games to beatable teams.

we should be favored by 3.5 on Thursday(guess)

got pound by PSU. Nebraska was way to close at Columbus. lost 2 home games to beatable teams.

No way are we favored for that one. They may be tanking and I hope it continues but I seriously doubt that they are going to just flounder all year. They have a lot of talent and they are going to wake up and make some people pay at some point. I hope that point is next week.

No way are we favored for that one. They may be tanking and I hope it continues but I seriously doubt that they are going to just flounder all year. They have a lot of talent and they are going to wake up and make some people pay at some point. I hope that point is next week.
Agreed! Absolutely no way we are favored on thursday.

You must be new to betting lines if you think we are favored on Thursday...and by 3.5???

We absolutely need to beat them while they're down. Could easily end up as our best road win. I have a feeling they'll get healthy down the stretch and at least end up as a couple quality victories (IF we can pull it off).

If we are favored, it won't last long. Hammer OSU on the money line.

Until gophers prove they can win a road game they shouldn't be favored against anybody on the road.

What the monumental upset would be is if the Gophers were favored in this game as has been suggested.

Here's my take OSU isn't that good. Gophers roll here. Ohio State sucks the rest of the year and misses the dance. From #3 to out.

Here's my take OSU isn't that good. Gophers roll here. Ohio State sucks the rest of the year and misses the dance. From #3 to out.
Similar to Tubby's teams. Great in November, lucky to make it by March.

Per haslametrics.com, the Buckeyes rank dead last nationally in positive momentum.

I have never heard of this Haslam Metrics before, is this guys a Gopher alum? ha 22nd overall? Ahead of Auburn/Tex Tech/Wisc? That seems aggressive

I have never heard of this Haslam Metrics before, is this guys a Gopher alum? ha 22nd overall? Ahead of Auburn/Tex Tech/Wisc? That seems aggressive

Actually he's a Badger fan. Has a lot of different and interesting analytics built into his rankings. I know several D1 schools have hired/used him for his stuff.

Agree with you that #22 seems high at this point, but IMO Gophers being ahead of Texas Tech is accurate. Tech hasn't beaten anyone other than Louisville.

Of the 3 rankings I follow (NET, KPI, Haslametrics), to this point I think KPI (Kevin Pauga) is the most accurate reflection of what the Gophers have done. He has Gophers ranked #62. That sounds about right.

For once I would like to see it written and said that we are a better team and we should and are going to win this road game!

Top Bottom