OSU loses back up point guard

MRJ

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody has brought this up yet, but Ohio State lost guard Anthony Crater today because Crater apparently wants to transfer.

So the Buckeyes have now lost Lighty to a broken foot, a 28-point home meltdown against West Virginia and now Crater. Sounds like things aren't all that peachy in Columbus right now.

Who cares about tOSU player problems. Part of Tubby's beauty is he knows how to communicate with his PUPS, what is expected, what each has to do. I want Tubby's TEAM to win with TEAMWORK and each member of the TEAM understands his contributions are needed to be a successful TEAM. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timing is a big part of any teams season for better or worse. I don't wish injuries on any player, but it is nice that we are playing the buckeyes while missing a player and going through a rough patch.

At a certain level, I'm with Dr. Don on this one in that I really don't care a whole lot about what's happening with other teams.

But since we play them pretty soon and they're a conference team, I try to keep up with what's going on with other Big Ten teams.

Crater thought he should've been starting, despite averaging 1 point and less than 2 assists per game in the 13 minutes per game he did play & now he thinks he can transfer to a program like Florida and start play 30 minutes a game. Crater was shooting 20% from the field and only 14% on 3s. Suffice to say he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is right now. PJ Hill, the Minneapolis prep player, is likely to see a larger role now. Hill isn't much of a playmaking PG, but his shooting is improved and he's in his second year with the team, so I'm confident that he (combined with FR Walter Offutt) can do a serviceable job with the backup PG spot.

Crater thought he should've been starting, despite averaging 1 point and less than 2 assists per game in the 13 minutes per game he did play & now he thinks he can transfer to a program like Florida and start play 30 minutes a game. Crater was shooting 20% from the field and only 14% on 3s. Suffice to say he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is right now. PJ Hill, the Minneapolis prep player, is likely to see a larger role now. Hill isn't much of a playmaking PG, but his shooting is improved and he's in his second year with the team, so I'm confident that he (combined with FR Walter Offutt) can do a serviceable job with the backup PG spot.

Defeating the trap/press with a FR and a third stringer is going to be interesting for you all.

I look forward to the game.

since we play them pretty soon and they're a conference team, I try to keep up with what's going on with other Big Ten teams.

As someone who is a college bball fan in general as well as a gophers booster, I appreciate you posting the information.

Top Bottom