Orton in for Carufel and Coach Davis

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Anyone know of Carufel's status? Injured? Ill? Orton played the whole game at RG.

Davis and the OL were not prepared to handle SDSU's blitz package. That is unacceptable at this stage of the season. What I saw of Orton on the replay, he was not the main problem.

Injuries

Anyone know of Carufel's status? Injured? Ill? Orton played the whole game at RG
Davis and the OL were not prepared to handle SDSU's blitz package. That is unacceptable at this stage of the season. What I saw of Orton on the replay, he was not the main problem.

Per the Pioneer Press:
Carufel and Sherels missed the game with ankle injuries. Traye Simmons injured his leg in the Second Quarter and Simoni Lawrence in the Third Quarter. Neither returned to the game. DE Anthony Jacobs is recovering from a concussion and didn't play and Jewhan Edwards was out sick.

Sounds like the lists for the Wisconsin and Iowa games last year. Not good - much like the Offense itself.

Yet with all of these injuries on defense we still shut them down. Darned Brewster and his talk about recruiting and depth, it's all BS!

Carufel

In the post game presser, Brew said Carufel is nursing a somewhat minor injury---

I may be reading too much into it, but I got the impression they weren't expecting the game they got from SDSU and wanted to make sure Carufel was as healthy as possible for Iowa.

Per the Pioneer Press:
Carufel and Sherels missed the game with ankle injuries. Traye Simmons injured his leg in the Second Quarter and Simoni Lawrence in the Third Quarter. Neither returned to the game. DE Anthony Jacobs is recovering from a concussion and didn't play and Jewhan Edwards was out sick.

Sounds like the lists for the Wisconsin and Iowa games last year. Not good - much like the Offense itself.

With this list of injuries, it makes a little more sense how SDSU played so well against us. Hopefully, these guys will be back for Iowa and we can pull out another victory.

our third string should be able to run up the score on SDSU according to how Brewster talks.

Brewster needs to go.

Yet with all of these injuries on defense we still shut them down. Darned Brewster and his talk about recruiting and depth, it's all BS!

We shut them down? Sure they only gained 229 yards, only two fewer than we did, but when push came to shove a Freshman lead D-IAA team moved the ball on us surprisingly well at times.

No matter how much lipstick you put on this pig, this was not a dominant performance by the Defense, and the entire team should feel lucky about this.

I'm waiting for the argument about SDSU had such better players on their team, and boy, when Brewster's recruits get in there, then, boy, we'll really show those Jackrabbits who is boss.

We get the W. The less said after that, the better.

not to pile on, but are you serious? Did you watch the game at all? The SDSU quarterback wouldn't be a good high school quarterback right now. He was one of the worst college quarterbacks I've seen. Props to the defense for keeping the team in the game, but that was easily the worst offensive attack the gophers played this season.

Top Bottom