Orioles broadcaster Kevin Brown has been suspended indefinitely for making these comments about the Orioles' record against the Rays (Video)

I’m guessing if he’s suspended, then that’s not why.
It is. The Orioles are really sensitive towards any talk about their bad history. It's bizarre.

It was clearly something that the production decided to talk about too. There was a graphic with the info. So the whole production team should be suspended too.

That cant be it. Just cant be.

What about the graphics guy that showed the bad record vs Rays?

Orioles front office deserves all the heat coming their way, this is nonsense.

Win Twins!!
Besides the point of the suspension, I am not a fan of the Orioles requiring their onscreen announcers also be a billboard for Nike and the team.

The whole idea of teams completely controlling the content and narrative really sucks in general. Feels like many are just a few steps short of waving pompoms and foamy #1 fingers in the booth.

Ron Santo (RIP) was a complete homer for the Cubs, but at least that was genuine.

Paging Jim Brockmire for an Os roasting
The Orioles had the day off yesterday so tonight is the first game since the suspension. I would love if the announcers decided to be silent for the first inning or do something to show support for him.

apparently the O's ownership is very controlling and very protective of the team's image.

from the Athletic:

Multiple sources briefed on the decision say ownership has enacted a new policy mandating that their broadcasters wear only team gear when on-air, which has rankled some. That snafu led to Brown filling in on radio after his comment in the Rays series because another broadcaster got in trouble,” the report read.

“Broadcasters have also been reprimanded previously for mentioning past Orioles players who are no longer with the team.”

What a way to put a damper on a great season. Just completely tone deaf.

Our own Danny b is hammering away on mn and their crazyyyyyy ways! You cannot make this up. It is a distinction without a difference

It is. The Orioles are really sensitive towards any talk about their bad history. It's bizarre.

It was clearly something that the production decided to talk about too. There was a graphic with the info. So the whole production team should be suspended too.
wow. just awful. A little person pulls those strings. how Trumpian.

The Orioles had the day off yesterday so tonight is the first game since the suspension. I would love if the announcers decided to be silent for the first inning or do something to show support for him.
The Os tonight are on TBS (vs Astros). I wonder if their crew had any commentary.

Hahaha. I love baseball announcers are having fun with this. Oh, the tweet or xweet as kids say is available - click it

Streisand effect​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original image of Barbra Streisand's cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which she attempted to suppress in 2003
The Streisand effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove, or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Records Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew greater attention to the photograph in 2003.[1]
Attempts to suppress information are often made through cease-and-desist letters, but instead of being suppressed, the information sometimes receives extensive publicity, as well as the creation of media such as videos and spoof songs, which can be mirrored on the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks.[2][3] In addition, seeking or obtaining an injunction to prohibit something from being published or to remove something that is already published can lead to increased publicity of the published work.
The Streisand effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are significantly more motivated to get and spread it.[4]

Top Bottom