drunkenMNgopher

Section 135
Reaction score
They're going neon again.

Attachments

• HighQualityImageOfOregonsBcsChampUniformsByNike.jpg
    HighQualityImageOfOregonsBcsChampUniformsByNike.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 303

I was expecting the shoe/sock color to be the entire uniform, so it's not as bad as I thought it would be, which is a real testament to how low Oregon has set the bar on its uniforms.

Pretty understated as far as Oregon uni's go, but I imagine having to wear the road whites limited things a bit.

Suprised to say it, but I actually like the neon socks and cleats. But I still don't like those weird cybernetic feathers or whatever they are on the pads. Still that's better than the 'deck plating' from the year before.

Ugh

Waiting for Oregon to get these styles uniforms

Attachments

• dbc8f9f9932101b197c1297edb8c1c2cc54f8198_m.jpg
    dbc8f9f9932101b197c1297edb8c1c2cc54f8198_m.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 115

I'm thought they would come out with some thing new for the NC game or at least not announce it before hand. And personally I wouldn't be shocked if they run out of the locker room with something brand new on.

Tolerate

Us Oregon fans tolerate these because we are having success. 4 Pac-10 titles in 10 years and 3 BCS Games in 10 years with one of those being the BCS National Championship Game will give you tolerance to bad uniforms...

drunken - kinda like this? (I grabbed it from the other thread.)
tumblr_ldcblrX8961qc45gp.jpg

i don't mind those oregon jerseys as much as some of their other ones. i have to say the carbon helmets (with the matte finish) are pretty tough looking. those are kind of sweet.

Us Oregon fans tolerate these because we are having success. 4 Pac-10 titles in 10 years and 3 BCS Games in 10 years with one of those being the BCS National Championship Game will give you tolerance to bad uniforms...

No doubt that success goes along way towards tolerance. The Gophers could wear hot pink sports bras and Zubaz for all I care if they are playing in the National Championship game.

I keep wondering when Oregon is going to come out after the half for a game with completely different unis on, just to throw their opponent a little off and spotlight yet another jersey design.

Emann - that is some sweet photoshopping there.

No doubt that success goes along way towards tolerance. The Gophers could wear hot pink sports bras and Zubaz for all I care if they are playing in the National Championship game.

I keep wondering when Oregon is going to come out after the half for a game with completely different unis on, just to throw their opponent a little off and spotlight yet another jersey design.

Emann - that is some sweet photoshopping there.

I want to see a mockup of this.

Whether you think they're ugly, a gimmick, or just plain stupid isn't the point. That's the beauty of all this...weeks before the game and Oregon is front and center on espn, si, every college message board and blog, etc. The Nike marketing machine again proves why they're the best, and Oregon is again on every recruits' radar. It's genius.

drunken - kinda like this? (I grabbed it from the other thread.)
tumblr_ldcblrX8961qc45gp.jpg

i don't mind those oregon jerseys as much as some of their other ones. i have to say the carbon helmets (with the matte finish) are pretty tough looking. those are kind of sweet.

has grey seen that picture? would love to see his reaction.

OK, but shouldn't the unis have at least a smidge of school colors in them?

Green an Gold, right?

You gotta hand it to Oregon, much like Boise's blue turf, they maximise their exposure by doing something against the grain. Oregon has been known coast to coast for their unis even though until about last year most of the country had not seen them play very much.

I love 'em! If I were an 18 year old HS athlete I just might imagine myself wearing these in the BCS championship game. Obviously, maroon and gold would work in neon, but Kill needs to move us quite a way before we an consider it. You don't wear a neon uni whilst you are getting whipped by freaking South Dakota.

Whether you think they're ugly, a gimmick, or just plain stupid isn't the point. That's the beauty of all this...weeks before the game and Oregon is front and center on espn, si, every college message board and blog, etc. The Nike marketing machine again proves why they're the best, and Oregon is again on every recruits' radar. It's genius.

Agreed. They have one of the lamest mascots in the nation (a duck), but ESPN makes it cool because they are on top of the world:

Oregon Duck - This is SportsCenter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhY2zsSSRO8

I can only imagine the clever stuff they could do with Goldy if we were on the national radar.

From ESPN's Pat Forde ("The Dash"):

Uniform Edge: Oregon's much-anticipated title-game uniform announcement amounted to another "Yuck" moment, with lime-green socks and cleats the primary assault upon dignity this time around. Auburn wins this matchup by miles.

"Assault upon dignity." Love it.

Top Bottom