Oregon State lands its fourth Division I transfer as Minnesota guard Tre’ Williams commits

Oregon is getting a ton of Division one players and we are picking up Division II guys lol, not great on paper.
Or maybe those D1 players were evaluated poorly or didn’t improve as projected, and the D2/mid-major kids were undervalued and improved.

Outside of Carr and Robbins, Mash is the biggest loss. Was never much of a Tre guy. Had his moments, but way too loose with the ball, played out of control a lot, and not much of a shooter either from the field or FT line. Role player, and that’s what he’ll likely be at Oregon State.

Outside of Carr and Robbins, Mash is the biggest loss. Was never much of a Tre guy. Had his moments, but way too loose with the ball, played out of control a lot, and not much of a shooter either from the field or FT line. Role player, and that’s what he’ll likely be at Oregon State.

I think that also falls on Pitino. Carr was all over the place and was a volume scorer.

I think that also falls on Pitino. Carr was all over the place and was a volume scorer.

Pitino was uniquely bad at coaching wings. The design of the offense essentially left them floating (often at the elbow extended. We saw very little back cutting or setting of back screens. The spacing was weird and the timing was always off because he liked ball dominant PGs so much.

With Tre, the thing that bothered me was that he never became what I thought he could become. He wasn't particularly active on defense or rebounding.

Top Bottom