Oregon State and Wash State granted Pac 12 money and power

There will still be credits/payments owed to the PAC conference from the NCAA tournament, for I believe up to six years after this season?

Would be silly to allow those payments to revert to the schools that earned them (in the tournament) who have voluntarily chosen to leave the conference.

Hope if nothing else, OSU and WSU can keep the conf alive as a legal entity to receive those payments and keep that money to themselves.

Would also be cool if they could negotiate with FOX to have their one game per season broadcast as the defacto PAC championship.

I know they are in negotiation to join the MWC for 2024-25, but they shouldn’t have to share a single cent of the PAC booty with those schools.

The Pac-2 is working on a 2024 scheduling agreement with the Mountain West and both conferences are discussing the future. I foresee a merger in the future, without some of the weaker MWC schools, and push to remain a P5 conference.

The Pac-2 is working on a 2024 scheduling agreement with the Mountain West and both conferences are discussing the future. I foresee a merger in the future, without some of the weaker MWC schools, and push to remain a P5 conference.
Which ones do you consider weaker schools?

2024 & 2025 the PAC 2 has already an agreement with the Mountain West. 6 games each for both seasons.

Which ones do you consider weaker schools?
Some people think they only want to peel off: Fresno, SDSU, Boise, UNLV, Air Force, and Colo State from the current MWC for the new PAC.

Some of the same people also speculate this won't and/or can't happen until 2026, for two reasons:
1) the current MWC GoR ends after the 2025-26 season, meaning teams could then walk away with no penalty
2) that's when the next iteration of the CFP will go into effect. Currently it is not known how G conferences will be treated, and the new PAC would probably fall into that category as opposed to whatever category there might be for the Big 12 and ACC. Talking about how money is going to be shared or earned by confs.

When I say some people, I'm just talking about internet message board posters. Nothing more legit than that.

But sounds like stuff that could be true. We will see

Last edited:

Wyoming and New Mexico were founding members of the WAC (along with Utah, BYU, and Arizona's) and they were both in the original WAC group that split off to for the Mountain West.

If neither are planned to be included in the new PAC, I can see that there would be hell to pay and government officials getting involved at the federal level if needed.

You've got Hawaii floating around as well, they will have a new stadium to fill up starting in 2028. (Hawaii just approved requests for bids for the new development.)

They like the Big West for non-football, but would love to be included for football. Pairing with Gonzaga would make sense, but no idea if there is interest.

Keep it going by, ahem, folding Mountain West into Pac-12.

Grab the broom for the orphans of the ACC demise in 5 years.

PAAC-12.

Humor aside, I hope they do alright.

Since they are Pacific, maybe Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing can come in.

They should start a conference with members who agree to having only amateur athletics :ROFLMAO:

Keep it going by, ahem, folding Mountain West into Pac-12.

Grab the broom for the orphans of the ACC demise in 5 years.

PAAC-12.

Humor aside, I hope they do alright.

Since they are Pacific, maybe Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing can come in.
That would be 13 schools right?

I would like someone to grant me money and power.

but back to football. I really don't see a lot of legitimate options for Ore State and Wash State. their best option is to repopulate the Pac-(something) with teams from the MWC.

but retaining the PAC name and retaining major conference status will not be easy.

and then there is the whole TV issue.

I would like someone to grant me money and power.

but back to football. I really don't see a lot of legitimate options for Ore State and Wash State. their best option is to repopulate the Pac-(something) with teams from the MWC.

but retaining the PAC name and retaining major conference status will not be easy.

and then there is the whole TV issue.
They'll have the PAC name but won't be major conference status with MWC. The MW is interesting but nowhere near P5.

One or both will probably be in the CFP more than most P5 programs under this arrangement (considering the new CFP format next season).

Top Bottom