Onwuachi injured

It is funny how you read one blog (Pioneer Press) and they are talking about a potential season ending injury and you read another (Strib) and it doesn't sound like it was a serious injury at all. I guess at this point all we can do is hope that the StarTribune is right and it isn't a serious injury.

Why does Marcus presume that Onwuachi has torn anything?

I think Jacobs will be better than Onwuachi very soon anyway. Maybe this will be a Wally Pipp/Lou Gehrig situation for Anthony.

ent Youngblood That was the word from Brewster following Tuesday’s practice. Onwauchi has sprained his left knee, but will require only rehab and not surgery.

As for an expected return? Brewster wasn’t sure about that. He said the hope was to get Onwuachi back in time for the season opener in Syracuse.

That means there’s not a whole lot of experience at defensive end right now. I wrote a story on McKinley for tomorrow’s paper. He’s coming off a strong bowl game last season and has added some significant weight to his 6-5 frame.

One other note: New Hampshire Football Report said today that UNH would be playing at Minnesota in September of 2012. Gophers athletic director said no official contract had yet been signed, but it would fill a hole in the Gophers’ 2012 slate.

That’s about it. Have a good night.

We need to keep our players healthy. Hope he gets back real soon.

Top Bottom