Only One Endzone for Ill-NW Game?

When the Bears used Wrigley, the field ran from the left field wall toward the first base dugout. The left field bleachers were close to the back line of the endzone. I cannot remember any Bear or Pro player having a problem. There was a little more room on the other end. But the infield, mound, and foul lines were sand. The biggest problem was kicking off the infield. Of course Gayle Sayers had no problem with the field.

what if there is an interception of fumble return

has the big ten thought of this? will there be beer there? that would help

Hopefully they have the sense to switch sides only after a team makes a first down in the defensive team's half of the field. It will be pretty ridiculous if they switch ends after the offense fumbles at the defense's five yard line!!

Should be a very slow game. Every punt, every turnover means walking the ball the length of the field.

Hopefully they have the sense to switch sides only after a team makes a first down in the defensive team's half of the field. It will be pretty ridiculous if they switch ends after the offense fumbles at the defense's five yard line!!

They're going to switch every change of possession. Offenses won't have the chance to drive toward the east endzone.

Curious to see how the wind plays in all of this, as it will either be in both teams' offense's face or at their back all game long.

Agree that this is a total travesty. If Northwestern wants to be "Chicago's College Team," play the game at Soldier Field and sell the cheap seats at a ridiculously low price to fill the place up a bit.

Once again, motherly concern for player safety has reached the most stupid possible conclusion.

I can't believe there was this much concern that a player might *gasp* run into a heavily-padded wall at the end of a play. Bronko Nagurski would never have had the opportunity to crack those bricks if football had been administered by such namby-pambies back in the 30s.

Looks like I am alone on this one but I like the idea.

1-The elements(wind/sun) will be equal
2-Will interesting to watch
3-Spotting the ball should not be that big of a deal

The only down side I can see is having both benches on the same side might be a problem and the seats in one end zone will be better than the other.

Sort of raises the value of the tickets in the west end zone now. I'd be pretty ticked if I had seats in the right field bleachers.

Top Bottom