Olson brothers

The Wolf

Reaction score
What happened to these kids? I thought they were both supposed to be maulers? They are both riding the pine and redshirt freshman are starting over them. Don't understand why we always start underclassmen and then they always seem to get benched when they are in their "prime" senior year.

Ed's hurt, he's a starter when healthy, as for Tommy not sure he started a lot of games the past two years

What happened to these kids? I thought they were both supposed to be maulers? They are both riding the pine and redshirt freshman are starting over them. Don't understand why we always start underclassmen and then they always seem to get benched when they are in their "prime" senior year.

Over and under...Overhyped and underachieved

My guess is the staff has mentally already moved on and focused on developing younger lineman (e.g. Pirsag)

Tommy moved to the center position. Ed has had two ankle operations. It looks like it's chronic. I don't know if he can take a medical RS or not. " Chronic " is not good. I would be surprised if the young man sees the field this year

Over and under...Overhyped and underachieved? This could be true or it could be looked at in another way. Maybe he hasnt been developed the way he should.

Over and under...Overhyped and underachieved

My guess is the staff has mentally already moved on and focused on developing younger lineman (e.g. Pirsag)

Ed Olson would be a very good player for us if he wasn't hurt.

Over and under...Overhyped and underachieved? This could be true or it could be looked at in another way. Maybe he hasnt been developed the way he should.

Or maybe Ed has had two surgeries on his ankle and looks like he has a chronic problem that may end his career. Maybe your brain hasn't been developed the way it should.

Can be difficult to project kids. Injuries have done in Ed Olson. I always thought he and Gjere would be anchoring the line as bookend tackles, but injuries really hurt both.

Or maybe Ed has had two surgeries on his ankle and looks like he has a chronic problem that may end his career. Maybe your brain hasn't been developed the way it should.

+1 Ya think that could be the problem?

I think it's a fair question.

Ed was decent. We was getting pushed for the starting spot last year, he played well. The injuries have really derailed his career.

Tommy is a bit of a mystery to me. He was knocked up quite a bit last year and during that time Bak really stepped up and played well. Tommy, when healthy last year, was right there with Epping and Campion. I'd like to see him get some more PT.

I thought I heard coach Kill say Tommy Olson is kind of sacrificing for the team

Tommy Olson is learning the center position, when he could still play guard. He was moved from guard to center and has been the back up to Christianson at center all year. Sounds like he had some difficulty with some high snaps and off target stuff in fall camp in shot gun but was making progress. Not surprised as center is not easy, and they have to know all of the line calls, and help the QB.
For Tommy Olson to move there he must want to help out the team, at least the coaches must think he can play there, and it's not like you just teach a kid to snap overnight. It is just about the most important position on the line.
Christianson has been doing a good job with the snaps he seems a little small for a center, but the guy does battle hard, he got beat off the ball a few times Saturday.

Coach Kill sounded pleased with T Olsons progress at center when I heard him talk about it. They must have adequate depth at guard but could slide him there if need be.
He has mentioned Ed Olson's ankle injury's(he has had surgery on both sides) lingering effects from this in the past and that he is practicing.
Not sure what his status is health wise, except he has has been listed at second team offensive tackle.
Perhaps beacuse of health Lauer or Mark L have been healthy they must be playing well and are just better on the field right now.
As soon as we say were healthy that is when the Injury bug tends to hit.

Christianson has been doing a good job with the snaps he seems a little small for a center, but the guy does battle hard, he got beat off the ball a few times Saturday.

6'4" and 306 is small for a center? Wow.

I prefer opinion based on reality rather than pulling crap out of thin air.

If you want that we need dpodoll to work 24 hours a day as a fact checker. It is kind of scary how many times he finds "people pulling crap out of thin air".:rolleyes:

Do you believe he really is 306 pounds?

6'4" and 306 is small for a center? Wow.

No way is Christianson 306 pounds, if he is 280 to 285 he is lucky. He looks really light for
a 6 4" guy.

No clue. He looks big from 200 feet away. Do you know he's not?

I would love to see Olson at center and Bush at RG be at the top of the depth chart this week. I think some changes are in order and I think that these two could pick things up. That said when i watched the replay of the Iowa game I noticed Epping getting worked quite a bit and his man making a lot of plays.

Top Bottom