OLD MUSIC

The Clash played over the grocery store speakers this weekend (London Calling). I chuckled a little and wondered if The Clash ever thought they'd be so cliched as to be heard in a supermarket. It wasn't this song, but you have to appreciate the irony.

This one is just so fun because everyone on stage is clearly having a "ball". Dave Grohl stepping in for Frank Black while the Breeders play the Pixie's Surfa Rosa classic.

Gigantic

What a gas it was, to see.

It's the Winter Solstice today. For the shortest day of the year, have some Mott with Mick Ralphs laying it down.

got a $70 gift card as a rebate for buying a new set of tires.

So was in Mankato today, went to Barnes and Noble, and picked up the 50th Anniversary Box Set version of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass."

also got a 3-disc set of the Grateful Dead Live at Madison Square Garden from March 9th, 1981.

go ahead, call me an old hippie. I'll be tripping out (sober) on U.S. Blues....

I'm Uncle Sam, that's who I am; Been hidin' out in a rock and roll band.
Shake the hand that shook the hand of P.T. Barnum and Charlie Chan.
Shine your shoes, light your fuse. Can you use them ol' U.S. Blues?
I'll drink your health, share your wealth, run your life, steal your wife.
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.

So was in Mankato today, went to Barnes and Noble, and picked up the 50th Anniversary Box Set version of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass."
It's a really well done collection. One of my all-time favorite album covers, especially Beatles related.

also got a 3-disc set of the Grateful Dead Live at Madison Square Garden from March 9th, 1981.

go ahead, call me an old hippie. I'll be tripping out (sober) on U.S. Blues....

I'm Uncle Sam, that's who I am; Been hidin' out in a rock and roll band.
Shake the hand that shook the hand of P.T. Barnum and Charlie Chan.
Shine your shoes, light your fuse. Can you use them ol' U.S. Blues?
I'll drink your health, share your wealth, run your life, steal your wife.
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high.
Went to five Dead and Co. shows in the last couple of years and they finally played US Blues at the last one. One of my favorite songs ever.

Oh... All Things Must Pass is my fav album ever..

Went to five Dead and Co. shows in the last couple of years and they finally played US Blues at the last one. One of my favorite songs ever.
Well here you go with a Wilco-Dead mash-up.

PHILCO - U.S. Blues

Mugshots

Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Janis Joplin & Kurt Cobain

Last edited:

My appreciation of Gram Parsons really essentially began through Evan Dando covering him. Perhaps the best is when Dando and Juliana Hatfield perform my favorite track of Grievous Angel.

Remastered version of $1000 Wedding

My appreciation of Gram Parsons really essentially began through Evan Dando covering him. Perhaps the best is when Dando and Juliana Hatfield perform my favorite track of Grievous Angel.

Remastered version of $1000 Wedding

As long as we're doing $1000 weddings, how bout a thousand dollar car.

As long as we're doing $1000 weddings, how bout a thousand dollar car.
I've always wondered if it was the same vehicle for Henneman that inspired Stuck in Indianapolis.

Last edited:

Song of the day, especially for you.

The Smithereens / Groovy Tuesday

Song of the Day by Townes Van Zandt.

Like a Summer Thursday

Song of the Day by The Grateful Dead.

One More Saturday Night

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2024-01-31-at-12.45.56-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2024-01-31-at-12.45.56-PM.png
    538.6 KB · Views: 1

Can't wait! Got a Saturday show!
Looks like the tune is still pretty solidly in The Dead & Co's setlist rotation. I wonder if it's a given that it's played on Saturday gigs?!?

Looks like the tune is still pretty solidly in The Dead & Co's setlist rotation. I wonder if it's a given that it's played on Saturday gigs?!?
It was at both of the Sat. shows I went to last summer.

90s era WILCO filling in for the rest of The Byrds helping out Roger McGuinn.

So You Want to Be a Rock n Roll Star

Seeing Paul Simon on Colbert recently reminded me of when he hosted SNL and his friend George Harrison joined him for a pair of incredibly iconic songs.

Here Comes the Sun / Homeward Bound

At at about 8 years old, that Beatles song became my favorite song, by anyone.

Still is.

Last edited:

The Billy Joel concert on CBS last night was a reminder of what my favorite song is, has been, and always will be.

To me one the best debut rock albums ever.

Peter Frampton turns 74 today
Frampton Comes Alive? Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of "Tide".

- Wayne Campbell

Top Bottom