OLD MUSIC

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Whenever I wear my green pants and rust-colored sweater--as I am today--I can't help but think of George in this video.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
True punk pioneers: The Monks. Fun fact: the leader sing is from MN and was later the mayor of Turtle River. The German girl in this video introducing the band is pretty cute too.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
I actually like old instrumental surf rock (The Ventures, etc.) Love the metallic guitar, sloppy drums, and bruising sax on this song.

I actually like old instrumental surf rock (The Ventures, etc.) Love the metallic guitar, sloppy drums, and bruising sax on this song.
I seem to remember you saying there was only one good surf song ever.

Here is the title song to Endless Summer.

True punk pioneers: The Monks. Fun fact: the leader sing is from MN and was later the mayor of Turtle River. The German girl in this video introducing the band is pretty cute too.

Used to go see him at Lee's Liqour Lounge years ago. He would end his set asking the crowd to boo and hiss him. It was great.

There is a good documentray of the Monks: Monks: The Transatlantic Feedback 2006.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
I like second line about as much as I like surf rock. I believe this recording is from the '90s but Olympia has been around since at least the '50s. This is the only one good second line song ever.

Latest profile posts