'Ol Roy's recent quotes.

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
Per Roy Williams' most recent appearance on his radio show:

"I have more desire in my little finger than all of the dadgum Carolina fans in the world."

This in response to criticism of UNC-CH's recent play.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/939211.html

Also, look how he throws Dexter Strickland under the bus.

He's the best recruiter in the game outside of possibly Calipari. However, he's not a good person and not the type of leader I would want to follow.

So, just to recap, earlier in the year Roy was moaning and groaning about other team's fans. Now, he's moaning and groaning about his own fans. On top of that, he calls out Dexter Strickland, says dadgum about a thousand times and compares this season to "having his heart ripped out and shook right in front of him."

Wow. Seems Roy needs to chill out just a little bit.

Yeah that dadgum and the heart ripped out thing bugged me. I know the wacko can recruit so his dadgum heart should be okay most games during the season.

I'm not a big fan of Aw Shucks Roy, think he quite's the phony, but I must say I didn't take much issue with anything he said. I don't mind it when a coach on occasion calls out some of the idiots (like the trolls who show up only after losses) that hang out in places like this (chat boards & blogs).

Pewter, you do have it good being a Duke fan. Same goes for fans of Carolina, Kansas, Michigan State, etc. ... I'm very envious of programs that can pretty much bank on going to the NCAA Tournament every year. I hope the Gophers can get to that level some day. ... or at least to the point where every Selection Sunday isn't a gut-wrenching nail-biter.

Hey Pewter.....

Hey Pewter...........
It appears I'm not up on Big East, ACC, etc. BB like you are. First time I've heard 'ol Roy not being a "good person".
Can you clue me in?

I don't see anything wrong with what he said either. The man is passionate about his job and isn't afraid to admit it. He's not just a great recruiter, he knows the game inside and out, and looks out for what is best for his players. I can't tell you how many times I've heard or seen how his past players respect him. He could try and convince his players every year to not go to the NBA and come back to school, but he actually does some research and helps the kids get a true feel for their draft stock. He'd be at the top of my list for head coach.

When Roy Williams had the fan removed earlier in the year, he lost any respect I have for him. That was just him being a bully. His talk in the press conference after the game solidified it. No doubt he's a great recruiter. He's fabulous at it.

Per Roy Williams' most recent appearance on his radio show:

"I have more desire in my little finger than all of the dadgum Carolina fans in the world."

This in response to criticism of UNC-CH's recent play.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/939211.html

Also, look how he throws Dexter Strickland under the bus.

He's the best recruiter in the game outside of possibly Calipari. However, he's not a good person and not the type of leader I would want to follow.

Headed for 12-7 tonight with big L to Wake Forest AT HOME.

Top Bottom