Ol Jerry's health... an issue again

A former coach who had a big impact on our program is in the news for a potentially serious health issue. Seems like a fair thread to start on a college football related, and gopher specific, message board.
It was a joke....hence the smiley face.....sorry that wasn't clear.

It's not hard to imagine her finally tiring of moving every 1-2 years while Ol' Jer hops from job to job after "retiring" from the Gophers. He made really good money here, and shouldn't have ever needed to work again if he didn't want to. She also may not have wanted to live in Las Cruces, which is pretty remote.
The word in his coaching circle is that she tired of an indiscretion at TCU. Very sad.

Well what is the story?

Maybe it's in here somewhere.

Or here:

Or here:

Or this:

Or....

He put off signing that contract so it wouldn’t be part of the settlement. All class

During the New Mexico vs UMASS game on ESPN a couple weeks ago the sideline reporter said Coach Kill's "girlfriend" is the one who designed the massive tattoo he received for making a bowl game last year. So Jerry and Rebecca are definitely divorced, and Coach has a new lady.

During the New Mexico vs UMASS game on ESPN a couple weeks ago the sideline reporter said Coach Kill's "girlfriend" is the one who designed the massive tattoo he received for making a bowl game last year. So Jerry and Rebecca are definitely divorced, and Coach has a new lady.
Hey plenty of guys have a wife and a girlfriend.

Thats too bad. They had gone through quite a bit and was hoping that they could make it work.

Such a stud!

Still disappointed how he continually trashed PJ and the program. Its unfortunately what most will remember.
Had he come out and apologized and showed remorse I could let it go, but it's been almost 5 years so yeah as far as I'm concerned Jerry can go F himself and continue being the miserable old man he is.

We have to feel empathy for Jerry Kill. I hope his health improves. He has done some great things for Gopher Football.

We have to feel empathy for Jerry Kill. I hope his health improves. He has done some great things for Gopher Football.
To be clear I don't wish bad health on him, nor do I celebrate him going through a divorce. I just have minimal sympathy with the divorce and all things football related. His health though, I do hope he can get that sorted out.

ugh

This is 100% correct - as so far as the sideline reporter because I heard the same.
Side Note: I was in Siesta Key (the year Gophs beat Georgia Tech in Quick Lane Bowl).
Coach Kill and family were behind us at a breakfast spot. He was wearing an SIU cap and a Rutgers shirt. I told my wife and kids he probably had NIU boxers on and Gophers socks!

Top Bottom