OL Coach Phil Meyer resigns

Replacement

Can anyone with more knowledge of the situation confirm that a replacement has already been found? I like what I have heard but can't confirm there is any truth to it.

Can anyone with more knowledge of the situation confirm that a replacement has already been found? I like what I have heard but can't confirm there is any truth to it.

i haven't heard or read anything, do got something?? Share!!! And source.

I agree with many, this was bound to happen. The O-Line has been rough this season. The ground game ranks 105th in the country, while the Golden Gophers are 87th in sacks allowed. While it's not the only problem on offense, a solid offensive line could have helped a ton.

Best wishes to Coach Meyer in the future.

Agree with Schnoodler. Speculation is what we do here, so may as well toss out the name.

Don't shoot the messenger

but I heard a rumor today so I came here to find out if there was any basis for an OL opening. Lo and behold...

Anyway, NDSUs OL coach rumored to have interviewed for this job already, in the sense that TB called him. Makes sense if you consider the domination NDSU OL put on MN last year. Perles has B10, NFL and CFL experience.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle....695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=75921&Q_SEASON=2008

Meyer Replacement

Agree with Schnoodler. Speculation is what we do here, so may as well toss out the name.

I know a coach at Nebraska that grew up here and wants to move back and coach for the Gophers. His specialty is OL and punters/kickers. He was a GA at SCSU for 2 years, did quality control (film) at Nebraska for a year under Callahan, was a GA at Buffalo under Turner Gill, and is currently working as a GA at Nebraska under Pellini. He was a finalist for the SCSU offensive coordinator a year or two ago. I'm not sure if he is too junior for the Gophers OL position but he has 5+ years of experience and it seems like a possibility.

I'm not sure Gordy ever was the person or persons posting negative unprofessional comments here. Remember, those posts continued long after Gordy was working at his new job in SD. I dont' know of any college football coach that has time to read and post at another school's fan board. There were plenty of RUMORS that Gordy was trashing the Gopher program, but I don't remember any being verified. Gordy bled Maroon and Gold for many years, so naturally he was disappointed that he wasn't part of Brewster's staff. He may have said some negative comments in private, but I doubt he did all of the loud complaining and recruit tampering he has been accused of.

I think there was one phone in to 'CCO that was pretty negative. The rest I've never believed although many on this board seemed quite insistent it was him.

The late Jim Wacker has a better chance of returning to Minnesota to be an OL line coach under Tim Brewster than Gordie Shaw.

Top Bottom