Oklahoma fans are leaving one-star reviews for the business owned by a parent of a player who recently transferred to Missouri.

This might be a new low in the recruiting/social media world. It's one thing to say nasty things on twitter, it's another to mess with someone's livelihood.

This is why it's BS when I hear people say "every fan base has some bad apples". Some have more than others, and some apples are worse than others.

College football has never been more perverse. I don't know how much more of this is tolerable.

I love the Gophers, I love football, etc.

If Koi Perich woke up yesterday and said 'screw the Gophers, screw the Buckeyes, I am going to Wisconsin" I would have said "Damn it" and moved on with my life. People are unbelievable.

We currently have an attitude problem here in the United States...we're clearly not United in our values.

We currently have an attitude problem here in the United States...we're clearly not United in our values.
Actually, the value of naked self-interest unites most Americans. Most Americans want to advance their own cause, agenda, interests, or way of life as superior.

It's empathy for how that impacts others who disagree or have other interests that is in short supply.

This is why it's BS when I hear people say "every fan base has some bad apples". Some have more than others, and some apples are worse than others.
I'm a Minnesotan living in Oklahoma...love the Bison, Gophers, and Sooners. Horrible to do that to the guy's parents' business, but yes.."every fan base has some bad apples." OU fans are generally great. This is the World of Easy Transfer that many foolishly support. That and NIL are destroying/have destroyed college football as we know it. Cure the disease and the other nonsense will stop.

In an odd way, this will probably end up helping this guy's insurance agency if it goes viral and he's (rightfully) seen as a sympathetic figure

Usually being a jerk backfires in some way. The good in human nature is going to rally around this dude and be sold a Mahomes and Maauto bundle

In the long run, this is nothing. Things will get worse.

Sad how messed up some people's priorities are. Trying to destroy someone's business because their kid left your football team is just pathetic.
No one in Minnesota would ever destroy anyone’s business.

I'm a Minnesotan living in Oklahoma...love the Bison, Gophers, and Sooners. Horrible to do that to the guy's parents' business, but yes.."every fan base has some bad apples." OU fans are generally great. This is the World of Easy Transfer that many foolishly support. That and NIL are destroying/have destroyed college football as we know it. Cure the disease and the other nonsense will stop.
As is the case with most things, the vast majority of people are decent and wouldn't do something like this. But in the connected age we live in it doesn't take much for a group of malcontents to cause problems.

Back in the old days they wouldn't have had the option to just hop on the computer and do something stupid like spam a business with negative reviews but now it is easy to do and a small group of morons can lash out very easily this way.

Top Bottom