Ohio State game observations

Well stated Chico. When Richard Coffey was here as a frosh (at age 25) he was a bull of a man but his skills were so bad he could barely make a layup, his shot was...well it was more of a shot put. We had nothing for a roster that year, (team was 2-16) so he played and he was a 7 board, 6 point player in 25 minutes of pt (roughly). As a senior he became a really good player who contributed toughness, rebounding and defense at a 9 point 9 board clip. I think Omersa actually has more athletic talent than the older Richard did and I think he can develop into the kind of player Richard became. I don't know why others here think that comparison is so crazy, but so be it. Omersa has already improved by leaps and bounds in one year here. I love what he brings.
Coffey was 21 and he was a better shooter than I remembered. His freshman year was the only year that was under 50%.

You can see that Omersa is starting to figure it out. At this point his value is defense and rebounding. The next step is figuring out how to stay on the floor. Eventually, the offense might come.

Coffey was 21 and he was a better shooter than I remembered. His freshman year was the only year that was under 50%.

You can see that Omersa is starting to figure it out. At this point his value is defense and rebounding. The next step is figuring out how to stay on the floor. Eventually, the offense might come.
I think Omersa makes that offensive leap this offseason. Love what I'm seeing from the kid right now - he's a natural leader and has charisma. I'll bet anything he's a captain next year after Hurt leaves.

Top Bottom