***OFFICIAL ST. OLAF AT MINNESOTA EXHIBITION IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Thank you for the link and I didn't see the game but stats say:
St Olaf had the lead 27% of the game and cut it to 6 with a couple minutes to go...on paper that doesn't look good when you consider St Olaf is a middling D3 team.
I coached in the MIAC....it is a long way from DI.

Battle, Garcia, Carrington will absolutely help but we shot great tonight (stats again) (and I'm guessing tonite was above average shooting for these guys) but yet we struggled mightily to put a D3 to bed.
I do agree the freshmen have potential....just not sure the result tells me we'll be fine versus a quality team. Very much like Christie and Evans with this group of young guys..

But, I have not seen Battle, Garcia and Carrington play together and if they could all play up to press clippings...hey, we can be good. Two best players for sure...and the third leading scorer?
Ya, we will look dramatically different.
No worries good? Not there yet for me.
MIAC is good basketball. St Olaf is older and smarter and we were playing young guys. Main differences between MIAC and D1 is physical not skill, so it’s not a surprise that it took some time to put them away and for our young guys physical dominance to show. If Garcia and Battle play it’s over in the first half because of the space they create and they don’t shoot it as bad in the first half.

MIAC is good basketball. St Olaf is older and smarter and we were playing young guys. Main differences between MIAC and D1 is physical not skill, so it’s not a surprise that it took some time to put them away and for our young guys physical dominance to show. If Garcia and Battle play it’s over in the first half because of the space they create and they don’t shoot it as bad in the first half.
This is good. I didn't see the game, but the highlights. St. Olaf was free flowing and the shots were falling (good shooting and familiarity with the other players). Minnesota was free flowing also, but it looked like Minnesota was actually working on sets and treating it like practice in the sense of "work our game and get better at what we do". The athletic disparity was evident, but the intelligence and discipline from both teams also showed. Minnesota showed discipline and patience. I know it is early, but I cannot say it enough - I am so happy Coach Ben and these coaches are here.

Add Garcia and Battle and this team will be very fun to watch.

I know it's an exhibition - but -
7 guys all played in the mid-20's for minutes, and the 8th player had 19 minutes.

and that is without three of the top players in the rotation.

on first glance, this is going to be a deeper team. (and still missing 2 guys out for the season with injuries, or this could have been a really deep team)

Top Bottom