Official Signing Day Thread

With an old piece of plywood, some paint, masking tape, saw, and an ounce of talent, anyone can make one...go for it!
A long time ago I put the "M" on the side of my fish house. Stenciled it up all nice...I was proud. Then my friends as a joke altered it and put a small "s." to the lower right of it - the old 1980s-90s logo for Gopher womens' athletics. Bastards.
These folks (https://www.crowrivermedia.com/big_...cle_d2612587-643a-574a-a6de-a17c0852da91.html) made me a custom metal "M/Ski-U-Mah" that I have in my garage. That was a couple years ago but the price was reasonable. If anyone wants their email address send me a private message and I can get you their contact info.

Edit - the article I linked also has their contact info (or at least their Facebook page).

Last edited:

It's a shame it wasn't all over with Dickerson this morning, but I still think we have as good a shot as anybody. I'm not off the Townley train yet either. And I'll casually throw Hood in there as it sounds like he's not signing until February.

With all the signings, a lot of PJs recruiting time just shifted to 2/3 guys. I'm alright with that.

Last edited:

As another person brought up: are there really going to be a lot of in-person visits between now and Feb 3rd???

Even if there are, it's not like they're going to be hitting the frat parties and bars, either.

As another person brought up: are there really going to be a lot of in-person visits between now and Feb 3rd???

Even if there are, it's not like they're going to be hitting the frat parties and bars, either.
Does PJ normally allow recruits to go to frat parties and bars?

Looks like Sam Jackson signed with TCU, Regis with TAMU. The other decommits do not appear to have signed yet.

Considering what happened prior to his arrival here, I’d be a bit surprised if he didn’t keep close tabs on his visitors.

Big Ten Rank: 8
uw Big Ten Rank: 3

More of the same coming I see

We’ve basically eliminated any talent gap with Nebraska in this class, even if they flip Dickerson. Not far behind Iowa and Wisconsin either.

Are this year's 'cruits that are delaying their commitments taking a big risk? If I've got this right (do correct me if I'm wrong)...
  • Every current player that otherwise would have used up all their eligibility can now come back next year for another full ride of college.
  • The overlords of college football have not increased the 85 player cap for schollys
  • It's going to be far easier for current players to transfer and play next year than it has been in the past.
If so, there won't be the typical 25-slots available for the 'cruits to fill, far less. Instead of holding out for what could be one of 25 slots, they're now holding out for a far fewer number of slots. If I've got it right, a lot of 'cruits that are waiting are going to find that because of the above when the music stops they won't have a chair to sit in. In the past, the 4 stars could wait. I'm not sure they all can this year...

Has anyone been paying attention to Maryland's recruiting class? They got a huge flip today and there class is ranked highly but the make up of there class is really wonky. There best 10 recruits are all defensive recruits and there highest rated offensive recruit is a FB. The offensive recruits consist of 1 FB, 1 WR, 4 TE, 2 RB, and 1OL. Has to be one of the wierdest recruiting classes I've ever seen.

Are this year's 'cruits that are delaying their commitments taking a big risk? If I've got this right (do correct me if I'm wrong)...
  • Every current player that otherwise would have used up all their eligibility can now come back next year for another full ride of college.
  • The overlords of college football have not increased the 85 player cap for schollys
  • It's going to be far easier for current players to transfer and play next year than it has been in the past.
If so, there won't be the typical 25-slots available for the 'cruits to fill, far less. Instead of holding out for what could be one of 25 slots, they're now holding out for a far fewer number of slots. If I've got it right, a lot of 'cruits that are waiting are going to find that because of the above when the music stops they won't have a chair to sit in. In the past, the 4 stars could wait. I'm not sure they all can this year...
I’d guess there are a lot of unknowns at d2 and FCS too as many kids that are late bloomers often take those spots and not as many emerged with limited offseasons, schedules, and some not playing schedules at all

It's a shame it wasn't all over with Dickerson this morning, but I still think we have as good a shot as anybody. I'm not off the Townley train yet either. And I'll casually throw Hood in there as it sounds like he's not signing until February.

With all the signings, a lot of PJs recruiting time just shifted to 2/3 guys. I'm alright with that.

Might be holding out to see what happens with Harbaugh?

Gophers are 6th in average rating. They just have a few less commits than some others.

Amazes me how many people can't figure out that the team ranking feature on 247 is not a good way to evaluate a class because it is so heavily influenced by the total number of recruits a team signs. Wisconsin's class vs. ours is a perfect example of this.

Wisconsin - Avg. recruit ranking 88.97
Minnesota - Avg. recruit ranking 87.48

So while theirs is better it is certainly not by a big margin. However in the overall ranking they come in third with 21 recruits while we come in 8th with 18. The bottom line is that in terms of rankings for the Big Ten right now, Ohio State is on a level all their own, Michigan is in the next tier, well below Ohio State but ahead of the rest.

After that, the separation between Wisconsin, Maryland, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota is minimal in regards to the number of 4* + players committed and overall ranking of the players.

The rest, made up of Rutgers, Michigan State, Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, and Purdue is lagging some in the 4*+ department but are also hurt in the team rankings by a general lack of recruits to this point.

Wow - We've got three beasts on Defense Line . Jacob Schuster, Luther McCoy, and Devon Eastern. These guys will be fun to watch.

We have not been able to recruit DTs in the past. We have some gems here.

If Eastern continues to to grow (now at 6' 6", 280lbs), he cam even switch to OT. I'd want him to be on the DL to pummel opposing Big Ten beefcakes.

16 posts a day? Are you sure? It seems more like 16 posts an hour.
You got me curious so I did a quick check. As of noon today, MPLS has put up around 65 posts so far, and most days seem to run well over 100...

Has anyone been paying attention to Maryland's recruiting class? They got a huge flip today and there class is ranked highly but the make up of there class is really wonky. There best 10 recruits are all defensive recruits and there highest rated offensive recruit is a FB. The offensive recruits consist of 1 FB, 1 WR, 4 TE, 2 RB, and 1OL. Has to be one of the wierdest recruiting classes I've ever seen.
Sounds like HC that doesn’t know what he is doing. *edit* on second look it appears that one of the tight ends might play wr, and one they have slotted as an “athlete”. A wild year they’re having recruiting though, lost one of their top guys to Vandy of all places and then flip a Michigan guy.

Last edited:

Sounds like HC that doesn’t know what he is doing.
Sort of like the NFL debate of "do you draft someone for a position in need or take the best player on the board". 10L seems like a really high number though...

Minnesota is out-developing players to beat teams with higher rankings like Nebraska.
As our talent levels keep improving, we'll be even better.

Just heard Fleck talk about how one of the recruits dogs has met Heather Fleck's dog Bella, safely via virtual distancing.

LOL

What "allow" are you talking about??

Recruits always have "social time" with player hosts. Have they really taken that away?? Maybe things have changed.

Regardless, it won't be anywhere near the same level of social interaction with players and students around campus.

Top Bottom