***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I was thinking Mitchell, Hawkins, Garcia were seniors (someone said they are only juniors)
They’re all juniors.
and Christie depending on his ego or NIL.

Cam had significantly better offers than us and still came here, even after last season.
If you watch him in a game, he is as an unflappable an 18 year old as I’ve ever seen, no ego shows.

He likely could have gotten more money, ala Evans, last year. His family lives in an affluent suburb of Chicago. He also will likely, if he isn’t already, be receiving NIL money here.

I will be shocked if he plays anywhere else collegiately.

Last edited:

Can't help but wonder if next year is a rebuilding year. They will lose 3 starters and potentially a 4th. Then depending on Ola Joseph's they could lose 2 of their top 3 reserves. So enjoy this season while we can!

Jack Wilson is the only player on the team with no remaining eligibility. So there's no reason to think that next year is anything close to a rebuilding year.

They’re all juniors.

Cam had significantly better offers than us and still came here, even after last season.
If you watch him in a game, he is as unflappable an 18 year old as I’ve ever seen, no ego shows.

He likely could have gotten more money, ala Evans, last year. His family lives in an affluent suburb of Chicago. He also will, idly he isn’t already, be receiving NIL money here.

I will be shocked if he plays anywhere else collegiately.
I agree, I doubt Christie would go anywhere else while in college given the opportunity he has here and the way he is being used and featured. That won't be guaranteed anywhere. He has a good thing going, and with everyone potentially returning except Wilson should have a solid team around him (although I doubt Fox returns for a 7th or 8th year of college). I hope Garcia decides to stick around instead of pursuing any professional opportunities, and I doubt he would go another college route at this point.

Do we think Garcia will be back?
I think the better the rest of the season goes, the more likely he is to return, especially if he keeps improving. The local angle helps a lot as well.

If he could shoot 35-37% from 3 in a season, he might be able to make an NBA team. He needs to refine his shot.

I think the better the rest of the season goes, the more likely he is to return, especially if he keeps improving. The local angle helps a lot as well.

If he could shoot 35-37% from 3 in a season, he might be able to make an NBA team. He needs to refine his shot.

Depending on what NIL looks like....he may not be foregoing anything by returning for his final year.

Depending on what NIL looks like....he may not be foregoing anything by returning for his final year.
Good point.

I’d also love to see him heathy for a full season and see what he can do.

Another box he could check off for would be future employers.

I understand the talk/excitement for next year and saying x y z will be here or not. But honestly in 2024 it's a fruitless venture. This isn't a CBJ thing, an NIL thing etc. It's truly the wild wild west. Maybe a kids girlfriend goes to another school or their homesick or maybe they want to be in a warmer climate. There are 100000 things kids can say now, the odds anybody of them are happy for 4 years is next to 0. At this point I wouldn't even think about a roster until practice officially starts in the fall. I understand that is frustrating (trust me I'm with you!), but it is reality

I understand the talk/excitement for next year and saying x y z will be here or not. But honestly in 2024 it's a fruitless venture. This isn't a CBJ thing, an NIL thing etc. It's truly the wild wild west. Maybe a kids girlfriend goes to another school or their homesick or maybe they want to be in a warmer climate. There are 100000 things kids can say now, the odds anybody of them are happy for 4 years is next to 0. At this point I wouldn't even think about a roster until practice officially starts in the fall. I understand that is frustrating (trust me I'm with you!), but it is reality
Agree. Everything looks great on paper until the season ends and the wild west opens up. Would be great to see some stability for once and things slow down a bit.

Things to think about.

One time transfer rule: What is it? Is it enforced? that plays into Mitchell and Hawkins options.
Betts: Two years without seeing the floor. What are his options?
Garcia: Potential to move on if comfortable with his academic progress and looking to play professionally
Fox: Does he desire to play another year?
Ihnen: Does he desire another year?
Christie: Is he comfortable with his progress and growth or looking for something different and options?
Keinys: Late addition and does he stick around?
Ola-Joseph and Carrington: both have had some ups and downs.
Payne to me seems like the only 100% I will be back guy, but who knows.

This team really seems close and I want to believe that most will be back.

I was thinking Mitchell, Hawkins, Garcia were seniors (someone said they are only juniors) and Christie depending on his ego or NIL.

Maybe you should have checked about Mitchell and Hawkins. Easily discoverable. There would be little reason for them to transfer and they might have difficulty doing that even if they wanted to.

Sports Reference classifies Garcia as a junior. He will have played about 3 1/2 years at the conclusion of this season (he only played about half a season as a soph at UNC). He can come back for the 5th year anyway if he wants since he played in 2020-2021. He's probably the most likely player to leave among the top players on the team but I'd say he has a fair chance of deciding to come back for another year.

On the basis of physical maturity, Christie probably isn't ready to jump to the pros yet and I suspect pro scouts would tell him to wait at least another year if he decided to test the waters this summer. If he returns to school, I don't know why he would go somewhere else. He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone here and he wouldn't have gotten as much exposure as a freshman at many P6 schools.

I'm not sure what OIa Joseph will do. I hope he stays but he could be irked at his decline in playing time over the latter part of this season. I have no idea what Fox or Ihnen will do. I wouldn't be surprised if Betts transferred.

You seem to be one of those posters who is bound and determined to see only the worst possible outcomes for this team. Do you even watch this team very often?

Agree. Everything looks great on paper until the season ends and the wild west opens up. Would be great to see some stability for once and things slow down a bit.

Things to think about.

One time transfer rule: What is it? Is it enforced? that plays into Mitchell and Hawkins options.
Betts: Two years without seeing the floor. What are his options?
Garcia: Potential to move on if comfortable with his academic progress and looking to play professionally
Fox: Does he desire to play another year?
Ihnen: Does he desire another year?
Christie: Is he comfortable with his progress and growth or looking for something different and options?
Keinys: Late addition and does he stick around?
Ola-Joseph and Carrington: both have had some ups and downs.
Payne to me seems like the only 100% I will be back guy, but who knows.

This team really seems close and I want to believe that most will be back.

I would be absolutely shocked if Hawkins or Mitchell transferred. Even if they could transfer elsewhere, they have a big stage here. Next year, the stage will be even bigger with the Pac 12 additions.

Things to think about.

One time transfer rule: What is it? Is it enforced?
There are no full proof plans, but my 2 cents. Either make kids sign contracts that are iron clad or change the rules on transfers. I think you should get 5 years to play 4. Injuries happen but life goes on. Next you get 1 free transfer No questions asked, but your 2nd transfer you are required to sit a year, that goes for grad students too. The only caveat I would give is that if your head coach leaves then you are free to go as well and play asap. Don't leave a gray area!

Maybe you should have checked about Mitchell and Hawkins. Easily discoverable. There would be little reason for them to transfer and they might have difficulty doing that even if they wanted to.

Sports Reference classifies Garcia as a junior. He will have played about 3 1/2 years at the conclusion of this season (he only played about half a season as a soph at UNC). He can come back for the 5th year anyway if he wants since he played in 2020-2021. He's probably the most likely player to leave among the top players on the team but I'd say he has a fair chance of deciding to come back for another year.

On the basis of physical maturity, Christie probably isn't ready to jump to the pros yet and I suspect pro scouts would tell him to wait at least another year if he decided to test the waters this summer. If he returns to school, I don't know why he would go somewhere else. He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone here and he wouldn't have gotten as much exposure as a freshman at many P6 schools.

I'm not sure what OIa Joseph will do. I hope he stays but he could be irked at his decline in playing time over the latter part of this season. I have no idea what Fox or Ihnen will do. I wouldn't be surprised if Betts transferred.

You seem to be one of those posters who is bound and determined to see only the worst possible outcomes for this team. Do you even watch this team very often?
Watch every game that's on Fox or B1G. Didn't do my home work on this ine...my bad. I made assumptions that I shouldn't have.

For fans, any time spent now thinking about next year is time lost to appreciating the great job this team is doing right now. Johnson is not wasting precious time today thinking about next year either.

Last edited:

For fans, any time spent now thinking about next year is time lost to appreciating the great job this team is doing right now. Johnson is not wasting precious time today thinking about next year either.

With all due respect, I think we can do both.

Great summation.

Top Bottom