***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Purdue in The Barn, bringing their big boy brand of Big Ten basketball. Their size and physicality is never for the faint of heart. We need to figure out a way to mitigate a disastrous night on the boards. We need to hit our 3s and we must not back down.

The Barn should be rocking. Johnson will have the boys ready to go. This would be a capstone win. Why not us? Why not tonight?

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purdue 10.5 point favorites. Can't wait to see the fans storm the court. When was the last time this happened?

Purdue 10.5 point favorites. Can't wait to see the fans storm the court. When was the last time this happened?
Rebound the ball. If we stay within a few boards of them, we can win. If not....we would have to shoot lights out.

If we can shoot 50% FG, 35% from 3 and 80% FT, we can talk. Boards? well that's another issue.

Purdue shows a 16 man roster with 11 from Indiana.
Minnesota 15 roster and 6 from Minnesota.

Last edited:

from the Strib - article on Purdue big man Zach Edey, talking about his early recruitment by MN.

Edey is the latest in a long line of 7-footer success stories under Purdue coach Matt Painter. But the first team to offer a scholarship, when Edey was all raw talent in Toronto, was the Gophers.

"They were my first D-I offer," Edey said Tuesday. "I played with [former Gophers player] Marcus Carr in the same AAU program he did, so my AAU coach had a connection to Minnesota. They came down to watch a few games and offered me the first summer that I started playing."

Current Gophers coach Ben Johnson wasn't on staff at the time, but Johnson's predecessor Richard Pitino seemed to be "going through the motions" in recruitment, Edey said. "I didn't feel like the interest was there from them."

Last time I stormed a court was against Purdue, senior night. Top 3 most fun sporting events of my life. Let’s see it again tonight

Rebound the ball. If we stay within a few boards of them, we can win. If not....we would have to shoot lights out.
Did you think you could sneak back on here and no one would notice? You walked away from the program because the school asked you to be considerate of other folks. You said you wanted a refund on your tix and your donation. You blew the gophers and the U off. Go find another program to support that won't inconvenience you.

Stephens!! We need to talk.

Top Bottom