Official: Predict the Score versus UNLV Contest is open. FREE GOPHER T-SHIRT!!

So Dr. Don, will the contest be posted at a consistent time on the Thursday the week before the game? I was anticipating a midnight posting but as you said you could not wait that long and posted it early. If you have a consistent time we may be able to crash the server with all of us trying to get on at the same time.

So Dr. Don, will the contest be posted at a consistent time on the Thursday the week before the game? I was anticipating a midnight posting but as you said you could not wait that long and posted it early. If you have a consistent time we may be able to crash the server with all of us trying to get on at the same time.

Here is what I usually do, 1 more:

1. When I have determined the winner, I announce it at the end of that game's contest.

2. Then after I post the winner of a game, I work on starting the next game ASAP after that.

3. So be alert, anytime after a game is over.

Here is what I usually do, 1 more:

1. When I have determined the winner, I announce it at the end of that game's contest.

2. Then after I post the winner of a game, I work on starting the next game ASAP after that.

3. So be alert, anytime after a game is over.

If you are going to require that people be alert to play your game then the majority of people here will be eligible to play.

I am glad to see that you are alert. That is more than I can say for myself.

I never said I was alert. Just awake and lazy. Speaking of lazy...When I was an undergrad taking a Psychology course, we were assigned one week to prepare a report on "Prove that you exist". It was to be double space. I turned in a one sentence paper, attached to my copy of my tuition/fees statement. I said, emphatically,

"I

pay

tuition,

therefore

I

exist!"

Guess what? I got an A on it...I proved it.

Several students turned in reports that required hours and hours of psychological reasearch and bull$hit requiring several pages.

The Prof used mine as as example when he told the class: "It's not how much you say, it's what you say."

Thanks for sharing that with us. I really enjoyed it but I am not sure if it was your intellect or laziness that got you your A. But an A is an A unless you're a Buddhist. In that case an A could also be a B.

Thanks for sharing that with us. I really enjoyed it but I am not sure if it was your intellect or laziness that got you your A. But an A is an A unless you're a Buddhist. In that case an A could also be a B.

Laziness that required very little thought, but it worked. It's not how much one says (wren), it's what you say. (wren)

Laziness that required very little thought, but it worked. It's not how much one says (wren), it's what you say. (wren)

Is that a buddhist thing you just did there? That reminds me of a couple of koans. "If wren moves his lips does anybody hear him?" Second one is a story about Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, “The flag is moving.”The other replied, “The wind is moving.”Huineng overheard this. He said, “Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving.” If it was about wren the answer to the koan would be nothing is moving.

Top Bottom