Official Post-game Thread: Badgers 20, Gophers 7

Why on earth do people keep talking about DCT like he was some above average player that would have made any difference this year? His departure has had little to no effect on the 2013 team.

Nothing is certain, but DCT played quite a bit as a freshman and sophomore. He may or may not have had a breakout year, but would have provided some depth and could have helped in a game like yesterday's as a receiver who had been there before.

I was traveling and just watched the game. A young offense missing it's #1 receiver and the QB didn't have the game we needed. An excellent, much more experienced defense against a much less experienced offense. I was disappointed in Nelson, don't think he played very well. I'm sure it was tough missing your #1 wideout. Offense just didn't look confident and I didn't really see any fire or leadership on offense. Defense was unbelievable considering who they were going against and the positions they were put in. Keep building and keep developing that belief and physical and mental toughness.

These kind of go hand-in-hand for me. Nelson has been locking in on Engel all year, which is understandable at a level, but that really showed up on Saturday.

What Crawford-Tufts might have been able to do is run deep stuff that help clear out underneath patterns for the TEs and slot receivers. Speaking of slot receivers, there hasn't been a lot of that in the scheme this season. Looks like they've been using two TEs more and one can''t argue with the development of Maxx Williams.

If you would have just come out and questioned the game plan, there probably wouldn't have been the reaction you got. But you said the gameplan was the main problem and that is why virtually everyone disagrees with you.

I should've phrased it better and said the offense was the main problem and not specifially Limegrover. Our execution was obviously bad which I don't entirely blame on Limegrover but he still deserves some grief after getting shut out after having 2 weeks to prepare. I don't think it's possible for a "great" game plan to produce zero points no matter what defense you're facing. He clearly didn't make any adjustments during the game that worked either. He probably tried some adjustments but none worked obvioulsy.

I love our coaching staff Limegrover included. It's pretty obvious we will score consistently with this offense given more time but if we can't admit that our OC had a bad game after getting shut out than when can we?

As a side not, I've never been this optimistic about Gopher football in my life. I can't wait to see what the rest of the Kill era will bring us.

I should've phrased it better and said the offense was the main problem and not specifially Limegrover. Our execution was obviously bad which I don't entirely blame on Limegrover but he still deserves some grief after getting shut out after having 2 weeks to prepare. I don't think it's possible for a "great" game plan to produce zero points no matter what defense you're facing. He clearly didn't make any adjustments during the game that worked either. He probably tried some adjustments but none worked obvioulsy.

I love our coaching staff Limegrover included. It's pretty obvious we will score consistently with this offense given more time but if we can't admit that our OC had a bad game after getting shut out than when can we?

As a side not, I've never been this optimistic about Gopher football in my life. I can't wait to see what the rest of the Kill era will bring us.

I am all for calling out coaches when they deserve it. Are there things Limegrover could have done differently...maybe, no real way to know the answer to that one. As for the rest it has been pointed out numerous times that we had open receivers on plays that Limegrover called. Not his fault the receiver failed to catch the ball or that the QB didn't make a good throw. On the 4th down play to Williams it was the perfect play call, the QB blew the throw, that one is on Nelson not Limegrover. We fumbled away 3 possessions, again not Limegrover's fault, who knows if any of those drives would have resulted in points.

The offense had a bad game, but I would pin far more of that on the players struggling to execute against a very good defense as opposed to the OC not developing a solid gameplan. Take a look at the season stats, it is not like other teams have been routinely torching that Wisconsin defense. Indiana has a far better offense then we do this year and they only managed to put up 3 points.

Sorry Badger fan

it was me who hit you in the face with the empty cup. fans around me told me it wasn't nice but you just wouldn't shut up with your 'scoreboard' chant. again, sorry.

I would just add that it was just one of those days where the ball didn't bounce our way. I don't think Wisconsin got lucky or anything but they definitely had some things go their way. The penalties were already mentioned. We fumble three times and all three get recovered by the defense. They fumble twice, one goes out of bounds and the other is recovered by them.

It's the way it goes though. Good teams create "luck" in my opinion.

I do agree, but I thought I'd ask about something that hasn't been discussed. Should Kelly have been ejected from the game? It was somewhere between about 3minutes to 1:35 left in the second quarter. 97 Threw an obvious punch. It was behind the play, and I couldn't make out the Gopher player involved, but I watched him till I could locate my binoculars and it was #97. I'm guessing the refs didn't see it, but I thought if a player threw a punch, connection or not, they were ejected.

I also thought that the PI calls weren't even. I saw one that the Badger defender didn't look back for the ball, but got away with a bump while the ball was in the air. I normally wouldn't have a problem with it, but in my opinion, the game wasn't called evenly.

1:35 left in the second quarter.

Great. I kinda remembered so I was going back on the DVR and get to watch Murray puking on the field. Not a big fan of having to watch that...twice. Thanks. Thanks alot.

Couldn't find the play you speak of. Which made it even worse.

Great. I kinda remembered so I was going back on the DVR and get to watch Murray puking on the field. Not a big fan of having to watch that...twice. Thanks. Thanks alot.

Couldn't find the play you speak of. Which made it even worse.
I was at the game and saw it live, so it may have not been caught on TV since it was behind the play.

BTW I hope I didn't cause puke chain to happen...

I do agree, but I thought I'd ask about something that hasn't been discussed. Should Kelly have been ejected from the game? It was somewhere between about 3minutes to 1:35 left in the second quarter. 97 Threw an obvious punch. It was behind the play, and I couldn't make out the Gopher player involved, but I watched him till I could locate my binoculars and it was #97. I'm guessing the refs didn't see it, but I thought if a player threw a punch, connection or not, they were ejected.

I noticed the punch too and thought the penalty might be on him...nope, false start or hands to the face(our offense) something like that.

ESPN said the Gophers cant pass because they have an old ball. Its the ball's fault!

ESPN said Nelson cant throw because the Gopher's have an old ball. Its the ball's fault!

I noticed the punch too and thought the penalty might be on him...nope, false start or hands to the face(our offense) something like that.

That's right I forgot about that part. I thought offsetting minimum. Oh well.

Top Bottom