***OFFICIAL PENN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

And the best part of this game....the GH haters are nowhere to be found. What a bunch of p*$$ie $.

We are so much better when Lynch stays out of foul trouble. Murphy can play off him and Lynch can defend the rim. Loving this 6 game winning streak !

Penn State is no pushover. Great win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two in control, no drama victories in a row. Coach and team continue to grow.

Couldn't quite pull away, but ground it out yet again!

11 blocks, zero fouls. Amazing, just like at Edina.

Not quite sure how he was able to avoid a single foul. Pitino on Monday answered Grimm's question about Lynch "getting better about his fouling" with an answer along the lines of "it's not good, I don't like it"

That was a nice win against a PSU team who brought a solid game today. You can see how much the team's success depends on:

1. The ability of Akeem Springs to hit 3's. When he's hitting, the Gophers can compete with anyone and pound lesser teams. When he's not (like today), the Gophers are unable to pull away from solid teams. The addition of Springs this year was huge, regardless.

2. The ability of Reggie Lynch to stay on the floor. His interior defensive presence is amazing, and he's not bad on his offensive moves, either. And his presence allows for aggressive/quick rebounders like Murphy and Curry dominate the boards.

3. Mason. I wasn't sold on him as a great player until the past few weeks...he's sold me now. Clearly, when Mason struggles, the Gophers struggle too. His stretch of mediocre play was the primary reason for the Gophers' 5-game losing streak; and his solid play the rest of the year has propelled them to a great season, otherwise. Mason is the team's most confident player and has developed a lot over the course of this season alone.

- PSU is going to be a very good team in the next couple of years or so. Their starters are clearly solid; they lack depth. And Chambers has recruiting up again. It is possible that the Gophers and PSU will be playing some very important games in the coming years.

I really enjoyed attending todays game. Very solid end to end performance. Lynch's defensive play with "0" fouls puts and exclamation point on how valuable he is when he does not run into foul trouble.... I truly believe he could have been looked to for more offense down low as well.

You tell me someone can have "minimum" 11 blocks in a B1G game with no fouls, I'd have never believed it.

What's the best, is we have this team, with maybe a top5 point guard, coming back next season. Play Hurt more, we need his brother.

Top Bottom