***OFFICIAL PENN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I can't belive there is not one "Put in TT" post on this thread!! Played 7 players last night

I can't belive there is not one "Put in TT" post on this thread!! Played 7 players last night
Never heard specific mention of it but assume he is dealing with an injury or illness of some kind.

Wins are great though because we get a temporary break from the trolls. They won’t stay gone long but they do tend to get quiet for a little bit after a win.

Wins are great though because we get a temporary break from the trolls. They won’t stay gone long but they do tend to get quiet for a little bit after a win.

There are hardly any "trolls" on this board and the ones who might be called that aren't so bad. Some of you use the word "troll" like Communists used the word "counterrevolutionary." It's hurled at anyone who annoys you by complaining about anything. At least you could pick a less hackneyed term.

But they took him out after that. Didn’t matter in the end, just seemed weird.
I think Ben was going offense-defense with Stephens and Sutherlin. Like @howeda7 said, Sutherlin is a slightly better defender. He’s like a gnat on the ball and causes the offense to take an extra second or two getting up the court. He also took that great charge earlier in the year to help seal the win.

Ben seemed deliberate in his use of Stephens and Sutherlin there at the end. He seems very deliberate in a lot of his in-game coaching, and it is clear he has a plan. It is fun to watch as a fan and gives me much more confidence in the team’s ability to exploit advantages and close out games as long as he’s on the sideline.

Good win! I was surprised that Penn State really did not ramp up the perimeter pressure on us. We were able to operate pretty freely.
+1. Penn State’s defensive approach was night and day compared to Nebraska and the second half of the Iowa game. The Gophers offense struggled significantly when pressured out past the the three point line. I don’t know why every team wouldn’t try to take that approach.

Penn State blew an opportunity to nab an important Big Ten road win Saturday night, falling 76-70 this time they handed a win to what may well be the WORST OUTFIT IN THE B1G.
247 Sports.

There are hardly any "trolls" on this board and the ones who might be called that aren't so bad. Some of you use the word "troll" like Communists used the word "counterrevolutionary." It's hurled at anyone who annoys you by complaining about anything. At least you could pick a less hackneyed term.
Fair, what term would better fit people like PhiloVance? I am open to suggestions :)

Or hurled at anyone who dare question anything bj or anything not fully in agreement with their take.

Is anyone else feeling cautiously optimistic about sneaking out of the weakling Wednesday slot of the Big 10 tourney? Sweep, NW, Penn State, and Maryland plus steal a home game against WI or Indiana (we are due); I think we finish 10th.

It would be quite an accomplishment, given the expectations this year.

[/QUOTE]
Is anyone else feeling cautiously optimistic about sneaking out of the weakling Wednesday slot of the Big 10 tourney? Sweep, NW, Penn State, and Maryland plus steal a home game against WI or Indiana (we are due); I think we finish 10th.

Need to get to 6 wins ,1 at a time
Stackem up !!
All 7 remains games are winnable, even Ohio State on the road

Last edited:

Or hurled at anyone who dare question anything bj or anything not fully in agreement with their take.
Also fair....there should probably be a special class for posters like you....again, open to suggestions.

Reactions: sal

Need to get to 6 wins ,1 at a time
Stackem up !!
All 7 remains games are winnable, even Ohio State on the road
[/QUOTE]
Yer bananas.

Curry was completely gassed. It was clear in the huddle when he was pulled. He had zero rebounds. He was hot but something wasn’t right on defense. I think Ben protected him. I haven’t seen the box score so not sure what his minutes were compared to average but by eyeball it seemed high to me.
Seems logical while Curry's ankle is closer to normal, conditioning not back to what it was before the injury.

Also fair....there should probably be a special class for posters like you....again, open to suggestions.
Or perhaps you and your contingent of sensitive, moderator contacting whiney lil fellers need special accommodations?

+1. Penn State’s defensive approach was night and day compared to Nebraska and the second half of the Iowa game. The Gophers offense struggled significantly when pressured out past the the three point line. I don’t know why every team wouldn’t try to take that approach.
Shhhh! 🤫

Personel, I don't think Penn State had the players to pressure the Gophers like Nebraska had, of the teams left I'm guessing Ohio State, Indiana, and Maryland will make it tough. Gophers should't have as hard of time beating the pressure against Northwestern, Penn St, and Wisconsin.

He played 26 minutes. That's a lot for a guy with his knees. Plus he gave a 100% effort on a gimpy ankle. Can't ask more.
Yep, load management out of necessity.

Possible but difficult. This upcoming 3 games in 5 days will be telling, given the short rotation.

Yep, load management out of necessity.

Possible but difficult. This upcoming 3 games in 5 days will be telling, given the short rotation.
If we can get a few stoppages in play throughout the game, to get .2 of a second put on the clock, will be fine
That BS has to stop,along with looks for flagrant fouls.
Loewe almost had his head taken off an our coaches failed to have it looked at.

No offense to Thompson, but I'm going out on a limb to say he wasn't strong enough to guard Harrar...that dude is absolutely stacked.

Trolls don't just complain... they complain again and again and again about the same things without reprieve because they are looking to get a rise out of people. There are certainly more than a handful of posters here who seem to fit that definition.

Post Game Quotes of Note:

Johnson:
Eric’s not even close to 100%, so we kind of had a kumbaya the other day and just wanted to get all the negative, bad vibes out. Get it out in the open, get it out in the room and let the positive energy in. We talked about it, we still have guys that are hurt and banged up, and we talked about that mamba mentality where, now you got to find a way to block that out. We all know that guys are going through stuff, especially Eric [Curry], if it’s 50% that you can give the 50. But if you’re hurt and you’re trying to give that 50, it turns to 20 because your mind is somewhere else. You’ve got to be able to block that out, so if 50 is all that you can give, it’s a strong 50, and I thought he did that.

Curry:
As people know I’ve been battling an ankle injury these past couple games, since I’ve been coming back, and it hasn’t been feeling right until today. I had a lot of confidence in it in the shootaround. These guys, and this whole staff, been telling me that they still believe in me, they’ve been motivating me this whole time, telling me to keep shooting and to be aggressive, so I just credit all those guys for the motivation they’ve instilled in me”

“We had a big talk about that after the game – the last game we had – and he said basically, I know we’re going through a lot of things, Jamo’s still going through his sickness-thing that he had, I’m going through my injury, but we’ve just got to put our head down and keep working. We can’t make excuses for ourselves and this game showed that.”

Interesting that there are 444 posts for the Nebraska thread and now only 208 for this one. I suppose some of it can be explained by the fact that the first was on the road so there are more posts because the vast majority of fans are watching on TV versus during a home game.

Unfortunately, I think that a large number of posts on the Nebraska thread are from mostly negative posters who love to kick the team when they're down to make their points but then go run behind a rock for a few days following a win because it doesn't support their narrative.

I would love to do an analysis of the number of posts on game threads during and after home wins, home losses, road wins, and road losses. Could even analyze by poster. If I only had that kind of time!

Interesting that there are 444 posts for the Nebraska thread and now only 208 for this one. I suppose some of it can be explained by the fact that the first was on the road so there are more posts because the vast majority of fans are watching on TV versus during a home game.

Unfortunately, I think that a large number of posts on the Nebraska thread are from mostly negative posters who love to kick the team when they're down to make their points but then go run behind a rock for a few days following a win because it doesn't support their narrative.

I would love to do an analysis of the number of posts on game threads during and after home wins, home losses, road wins, and road losses. Could even analyze by poster. If I only had that kind of time!
The game threads after loses will always be longer than the ones after wins because message boards thrive on negativity. And we can call em whatever we want, but we all know the handful of posters on this particular forum who only really have a lot to say when there is something to be negative about and have far less to say when things are going well.

The game threads after loses will always be longer than the ones after wins because message boards thrive on negativity. And we can call em whatever we want, but we all know the handful of posters on this particular forum who only really have a lot to say when there is something to be negative about and have far less to say when things are going well.
Or, maybe some of our losses have been real beatdowns that exposed some severe weaknesses of our team (the one we were led into being hopeful about), so there was much to post about. As opposed to some of our wins where there wasn’t as much to say after “wow, we had a guy who had a career shooting night” or “can you believe that opponent failed to even try to expose our weaknesses”?

Top Bottom