Official News Release: Tim Brewster Extension

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
University, Brewster agree to two-year contract extension

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Director of athletics Joel Maturi announced today that the University of Minnesota has agreed to terms on a contract extension with head football coach Tim Brewster through the 2013 season. Financial terms of the contract amendment, which adds two years to the agreement Brewster signed with the University in 2007, will be made available when the contract is signed.

“Coach Brewster and I have a shared vision for the future of Gopher football and I believe he has earned the opportunity to guide this program where we all want it to go,” Maturi said. “Tim is passionately committed to this state, this University and its football program. I know that he is working tirelessly to do everything in his power to help our program achieve at the highest levels.”

Maturi said that he fully expects the contract to be signed by all parties and finalized next week.

Brewster, who recently completed his third year at the helm of the Minnesota football program, has guided the Gophers to bowl games in each of the last two seasons. In doing so he becomes just the third coach in University history to lead the Gophers to back to back bowl berths.

“I am very excited about the contract extension and want to thank university president Robert Bruininks and director of athletics Joel Maturi for the confidence they have shown in me and our program,” said Brewster. “Our goal is to build a championship-caliber program. We are extremely committed to making that happen and this extension is a very positive step in helping us move toward that goal.”

Top Bottom