***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA SENIOR NIGHT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

It's great finally man handling teams beneath us but there was never really any excitment generated inside the building until the back up hooked up the other back up for a lay up.

Win @Becky and Pitino triples his regular season win total. I wonder if more than 8 wins were ever tripled the following year?

The 'personalities' on ESPN have zero

Gophers are now tied for the 7th best turnaround season all time at +15 wins year over year (tied with a bunch of schools). They remain behind schools who improved by:
16 wins - 99/00 LSU, 00/01 Boston College, 90/91 Nebraska
17 wins - 99/00 Iowa State
18 wins - 03/04 Texas-El Paso, 98/99 Ohio State (vacated)

Many of those schools made deep tournament runs so there is room to improve our position if we continue having success.

Do all tournament games count towards this statistic? If so, I'd say you have to exclude BIG tourney wins unfortunately, for comparability purposes.

Please for the love of god beat Becky.

Damn I'm proud to be a fan of this team. Very talented, fun to watch and strong on both ends of the floor. Forget next year...THIS is next year!

That's truth! While things look bright for next year- this team has amazing intangibles. This is a chemistry team first and foremost. Plenty of solid talent but really a TEAM. You never know each year how much chemistry will develop and this team has it. Let's hope we take it deep into the tournament.

Gophers are now tied for the 7th best turnaround season all time at +15 wins year over year (tied with a bunch of schools). They remain behind schools who improved by:
18 wins - 03/04 Texas-El Paso, 98/99 Ohio State (vacated)

Many of those schools made deep tournament runs so there is room to improve our position if we continue having success.
Thanks man! 3 more wins is more realistic than i'm comfortable admitting, i'm struggling coping with this new found trust these guys are providing. I remind my NCAA hoops buddies about how incredible this season has been and since it's been so long since Gophs have been a threat, they really don't seem to mind my bragging.

And yes, next year sounds like a lay up, but the absence of pressure to do great things just might be the catalyst in the formula used to reach the super secret mystery round...I think our main 7(which is a lucky gopher basketball number) play at least 20 mins per game on about 90% of teams in the RPI top 75

Her job requires a clear and non-abrasive vocal delivery and I find her to be hard to listen to no matter what she's saying. But I guess there were too many hot girls in the news/sports world and badda bing badda boom. It's annoying despite not watching ESPN(i'm being reminded why) and probably won't see her again in years.It's probably just my crush for the BTN subconsciously telling me to hate hate hate

Seriously? Team is playing beyond just about anyone's expectations and you bitch about this? GTFU, God's Gift to Females.

This is a really fun team to watch. The way that they make tough passes (often bounce passes) towards cutters to the basket shows how much confidence they have in each other

Seriously? Team is playing beyond just about anyone's expectations and you bitch about this? GTFU, God's Gift to Females.

No kidding, lol. Her name is Kara Lawson and I would pay Mr. Gorgeous big bucks if he could beat her 1-1. Your response implies you only want to listen to male announcers. I could care less about the gender of the announcer if they understand basketball and ad value to the game. I do not have the interest in writing all the male announcers who annoy me.

18 wins - 03/04 Texas-El Paso, 98/99 Ohio State (vacated).

I was reading an article recently about the top turn around seasons in sports and I think the Ohio state one was the only college ball one mentioned. We could be witnessing an all time college ball turn around

My man

Slow down...Relax.

It was a throw away line that was purposely intended to be over the top. I was making an observation through ignorant eyes. It was self indulgent humor. I wasn't looking to have a discussion about it, If i cared I would have created a thread or called a friend. I mostly talk about Gophers both online and off. I took a post 'off' and not going to apologize for it.

I have no invested interest in any talking head. The only time I bring up the media is when I support the BTN? Why support them. There's one reason. It's because they're the only place in town that talks about any things Gophers. National media personalities are complete background noise. When I watch a game 9/10 times i'm watching the teams I have emotional investments in. i'm in my own head and the voices I hear on TV do not register.

And i'm only bringing this up because you publicly tried to make a 'thing' out of exposing me as a bigot(I personally am not offended but nobody cares) ...... That woman is an adult and a professional. She understands the diverse reactions people are going to have about her. It's unhealthy and offensive when white knights rush to her protection, implying she needs your vigilante support. She doesn't. Keep up the good fight! And because you're a Gopher fan i'll always like you ore than a friend:)

I was reading an article recently about the top turn around seasons in sports and I think the Ohio state one was the only college ball one mentioned. We could be witnessing an all time college ball turn around

The amount of joy the team has brought me this year only makes everything from here on out ridiculous and flashy jewelry. I now love Rick Pitino for raising our new Messiah. For reasons that are not my business, Richard yearns for approval. What he's doing is enough to make both Mom and Dad nod in approval. The kid is a bad ass.

Her job requires a clear and non-abrasive vocal delivery and I find her to be hard to listen to no matter what she's saying. But I guess there were too many hot girls in the news/sports world and badda bing badda boom. It's annoying despite not watching ESPN(i'm being reminded why) and probably won't see her again in years.It's probably just my crush for the BTN subconsciously telling me to hate hate hate

Sorry you feel this way. She's very knowledgeable and does a great job IMO.

The Gophers are a win over Wisconsin away from being the 2 seed for the Big Ten Tournament. Wrap your head around that for a second. With Iowa's win at Madison tonight, Gophers fans are rooting for Maryland on Saturday. If they can beat Sparty, the Gophers are a top 4 seed regardless of the Wisconsin outcome. That said, BEAT BUCKY.

Kind of a sloppy start, but still a 13-point lead at half and put it away in the second half. It's really been outstanding to watch Murphy develop this year and embrace a role Pitino emphasized that started the win streak in the Big 10. It's not flashy, but it puts Murphy in a spot to do what he does best. Be aggressive, defend, rebound and get buckets at the rim. The more it works, the more he embraces it.

Nate Mason should be 1st Team All-Big Ten. Don't know if it will happen, but he deserves it. Another fantastic game tonight. Sounds like Springs might have been battling a back issue tonight, but still got some good minutes in. We'll need him the rest of the way, so hopefully he's OK with some rest. And my goodness McBrayer, keep playing with confidence. These guys are a match-up nightmare right now.

Favorite part of the night by far was watching the last 2 minutes. With Haugh, Rudrud, Sharp and Diedhou on the floor, all the regulars on the bench were standing and could hardly contain their excitement. They went nuts when Rudrud scored, and the Barn nearly had the roof blow off on Haugh's 3 that rimmed off. That's a team right there. That's why you bust your tail in practice to make your teammates better, for moments like that. A lot of focus goes on who scores 25 a game and who takes the big shots, but you find out who your team is in practice and it's clear all these guys care about is winning.

Love the story with Haugh too -- He was going to quit the team before the season because he couldn't afford school and had to get a job that would ultimately take him away from basketball. A few days later, Pitino calls him in and he's ready to turn in his jersey and say goodbye, and Pitino tells him he's on scholarship.

Great way to close out the season at the Barn, thanks for a fun ride Gophers. But this is just the start, could be something special if it keeps up.

Sorry you feel this way. She's very knowledgeable and does a great job IMO.
I don't feel anything towards her. I did notice her say some inaccurate things but I didn't care it's hard keeping up with NCAA unless you specialize in a single team or conference. I just happened to be on GH when the sound of her voice 'inspired' me to make a comment. It's mostly ESPN I have issues with I don't care for the entire Disney/ESPN umbrella. I don't know why, probably has to do with their long history of success.

I'm just a gopher fan, who will blindly defend other gopher fans. I have a personal identity but this is a focus forum and prefer to just be seen as another gopher fan lucky enough to be a modern day gopher fan.

The Gophers are a win over Wisconsin away from being the 2 seed for the Big Ten Tournament. Wrap your head around that for a second. With Iowa's win at Madison tonight, Gophers fans are rooting for Maryland on Saturday. If they can beat Sparty, the Gophers are a top 4 seed regardless of the Wisconsin outcome. That said, BEAT BUCKY.

Kind of a sloppy start, but still a 13-point lead at half and put it away in the second half. It's really been outstanding to watch Murphy develop this year and embrace a role Pitino emphasized that started the win streak in the Big 10. It's not flashy, but it puts Murphy in a spot to do what he does best. Be aggressive, defend, rebound and get buckets at the rim. The more it works, the more he embraces it.

Nate Mason should be 1st Team All-Big Ten. Don't know if it will happen, but he deserves it. Another fantastic game tonight. Sounds like Springs might have been battling a back issue tonight, but still got some good minutes in. We'll need him the rest of the way, so hopefully he's OK with some rest. And my goodness McBrayer, keep playing with confidence. These guys are a match-up nightmare right now.

Man I really hope this team understand how happy they're making their fans. When Pitino told them after PSU that they are the reason the fans showed up showed me Pitino understands the importance of educating his players how valuable public relations are....that and he probably gets bonuses for attendance, but I actually believe him when he gets emotional. He grew up wealthy. He's not in the game for the money, he just happens to be in the position to earn lots of it. Money well spent!

Top Bottom