*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-WESTERN MICHIGAN GAME THREAD ***

Correct. A win against Western Michigan is just fine with me. They might not have been the most impressive 3 wins, but 3-0 is a hell of a lot better than 1-2.

Shortell faded a bit, but it was more the Offensive play calling. They were playing the ball control time run off offense. Shortell never really got into the groove. It was close, but the run defense has to get better. Too many wide open runs against the Gophers. Hageman is a beast! He will play at the next level. Kirkwood establishes himself as the main guy. Defensive play calling almost contributed to a loss (coupled with bad run D).

The run defense was poor, I thought the OL didn't play very well, too many dumb penalties and turnovers, and poor punting once again. All that and we still won. Lots of things to improve upon but 3-0 sure is nice!

Coaching staff didn't put it way in the second half - you have to keep scoring, keep the pressure on. Still, ugly or not, it's the fourth straight win and we haven't seen that for awhile.

9 penalties, 2 fumbles, 1 int, poor punting, missed FG.

That said, Kirkwood, Shortell, Barker, Carter looked good. Next week will be a real tough one.

WMich more then likely changed the def. scheme for Shortell at half time and they were able to adjust.

It was also clear that the defense had a hard time with WMU hurry up offense. in the hurry up, wmu moved the ball pretty freely. If I am scouting our d, I would definitely do a hurry up offense.

We won! Time to stop pretending we are a championship team underachieving. We are a chronically bad team trying to improve.

This was a WIN, not a near loss.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Don't look now but in our last 5 home games we are 4-1!

Top Bottom