***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SYRACUSE PINSTRIPE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Completely shutting down the Orange. And then with zero timeouts and less than a minute....they get all the way down the field for a touchdown. Looked like lazy play by the defense and some bad scheming. No reason for PJ not to use a timeout or two in order to get the defense in position.

Because of an incomplete pass?

A) that's ridiculous
B) You might want to check up on his career records.
Because while Morgan has many fine qualities as a QB, arm strength isnt one of them. It's a known issue, for anyone not looking through maroon colored glasses.
Kaliakmanis has weaknesses compared to Morgan, but arm strength isnt one of them.
AK made 2 throws for completions in the first half that MORGAN CANT MAKE. Thats all I said. Morgan is more accurate currently. Probably makes better decisions.
Again, sorry your mancrush got bruised.

Total Stats​

Team Stats 1st half
Game Stats
Syracuse
Minnesota
First Downs912
Rushing Attempts1322
Rushing Yards4756
Rushing Avg3.62.5
Receptions139
Receiving Yards143110
Receiving Avg11.012.2
Passing Yards143110
Pass C-A-I13-18-09-13-0
Plays-Yards31-19035-166
Yards/Play6.134.74
Kick Return Yards1-192-46
Punt Return Yards1--10-0
Interception-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Lost0-01-0
Penalties2-70-0
Punts3-31.03-44.7
Possession12:4417:16
3rd Down Eff2-65-8
4th Down Eff0-10-0

Absolutelly gutless -- they tried to run out the clock as usual. They just gave them a cheap TD too. That is why you don't just run it up the middle coach!!
Yeah we should have definitely thrown the ball because our line is blocking so well and we already got our starting QB injured!

Not this shit on defense again.
Hey Rossi, WAKE UP!!!
1672346240042.gif

So you only watched 1 drive?

I am starting to remember why I avoid the game threads.
right. with AK in, the playbook was looking bugger than usual. i hope it doesn’t close up now that TM is in. TM is plenty capable of winning this game.

It's encouraging that they gave Tanner passing plays to start. Keep the playbook open! I'm interested to see how the team responds with Tanner in. Dylan's response wasn't great. Tanner is looking good except for the sack - but AK was also sacked. Come on Gophers!

Because while Morgan has many fine qualities as a QB, arm strength isnt one of them. It's a known issue, for anyone not looking through maroon colored glasses.
Kaliakmanis has weaknesses compared to Morgan, but arm strength isnt one of them.
AK made 2 throws for completions in the first half that MORGAN CANT MAKE. Thats all I said. Morgan is more accurate currently. Probably makes better decisions.
Again, sorry your mancrush got bruised.

Morgan doesn't have a very strong arm. None of the throws that AK made in the first half were throws that Morgan couldn't make. Doubling down on your bad take because Morgan had to come in and immediately threw a touchdown only makes you look immature and foolish.

Absolutelly gutless -- they tried to run out the clock as usual. They just gave them a cheap TD too. That is why you don't just run it up the middle coach!!
They didn’t. They tried to throw and Tanner ate the ball, then they ran to try limit the clock not feeling great about 2nd and 3rd and long. I’m perfectly fine trusting my d that’s been good all year to defend 80+ yards of field with no timeouts and less than a minute. Then they blew a string of plays.

D will settle down in second half. Premature thoughts of half-time for sure.

Morgan doesn't have a very strong arm. None of the throws that AK made in the first half were throws that Morgan couldn't make. Doubling down on your bad take because Morgan had to come in and immediately threw a touchdown only makes you look immature and foolish.
Morgan doesnt make the dart over the middle just between 2 defenders that had yo get there im a hurry. Or the deep out to the opposite sideline thats a pick 6 with a soft throw.

Dounling down on your bad take because your feelings are hurt makes you look like...

Come on Gophers! Big second half! Let’s win this game!

Yeah we should have definitely thrown the ball because our line is blocking so well and we already got our starting QB injured!
The play that injured 8 was a bit of a fluke. The OL has passed blocked OK. Syracuse is bringing a lot of blitzes.

100%.
No killer instinct. Goes conservative to end the half.
They literally threw a deep ball on the first play of that drive. Then they dropped back again for what looked like a deep shot after getting the first down but lost 5 yards. At that point make Syracuse use their timeouts... They hadn't done anything on O the whole half. I'm fine with that. Bummer the D let up a couple big plays.

Can’t say I thought the play book was open. Granted we did throw to the TE on the first play. But nothing after that. Concerning the defense . No pass rush again. No contain on our left side - by scheme. MSM. should just watch the rest of the game as he hasn’t done anything thus far. Way, way, way to slow to be effective. ’Cuse will come back to their TE on a pop pass and he will be a step behind.

Lett's just hope the ultra conservative play calling at the end of the half doesn't change the entire momentum around. Syracuse just stole that last TD away.

Morgan doesn't have a very strong arm. None of the throws that AK made in the first half were throws that Morgan couldn't make.
Probably need to table this kind of crap until the game is over... You'll have all winter to discuss it. Not needed to be regurgitated over and over again in the game thread.

Morgan doesnt make the dart over the middle just between 2 defenders that had yo get there im a hurry. Or the deep out to the opposite sideline thats a pick 6 with a soft throw.

Dounling down on your bad take because your feelings are hurt makes you look like...

Sure he does. Morgan has made that throw his entire career.

What's your deal? Is being a prick towards Morgan (who's been nothing but solid throughout his career) make you feel better? Are you being picked on at school or something and have no outlets for this frustration?

Can’t say I thought the play book was open. Granted we did throw to the TE on the first play. But nothing after that. Concerning the defense . No pass rush again. No contain on our left side - by scheme. MSM. should just watch the rest of the game as he hasn’t done anything thus far. Way, way, way to slow to be effective. ’Cuse will come back to their TE on a pop pass and he will be a step behind.
BSF has two catches and one broken up by their LB.

They also opened up some deep outs and middle digs they hadn’t done as much as well as a flare to Williams. MSM is a two down backer. Lindenberg also was chasing the play to the TE that they had a man illegally at least 5 yards down field

There was nothing wrong with the strategy. 14 point lead, defense pitching a shutout, you trust them to stop the opponent with under a minute on the clock and zero timeouts needing to go the length of the field.

Unfortunately the D fell apart and let them score.

We had 2nd & 15 with 1:55 left and 3 timeouts when we gave up. This is not playing smart, it's cowardice. It's not like it's 35-0, it's a two-possession game. PJ got schooled at the end of the half, and there is really no other way to put it. I wouldn't be upset if this hadn't already been happening for the last 4 seasons.

PJ doesn’t have a good feel for the game. Generally I think some of that is because he doesn’t believe in momentum which I find ludicrous. He’s also not that bright so thinking on his feet is not that easy for him. That said, the three man rush/prevent D has been OK for us most of the year I think with this turf though it’s impossible to cover guys if you don’t have a bit of a pass rush, so Rossi just shit the bed some there.

The 8 injury was worst case for today nothing worse could have happened let’s hope for a sprain. Otherwise, it’s been a fun game to watch.

Morgan doesn’t have a strong arm so he needs to throw the ball sooner. On that one to Wright, if he just throws it a second earlier he is able to get it there.

So you only watched 1 drive?

I am starting to remember why I avoid the game threads.
No, family season ticket holder since the 70’s n we almost never leave a game early. I was referring 2 our tendency to run on 3rd n long. Cheers !

Top Bottom