***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
Purdue 17-4 at Minnesota 6-14.
Today, 8:00 PM on BTN, 1500AM
Williams Arena, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Back to back home games. Me likey!! Time to play 40 minutes, not 39:35, 40. Gotta be 40. Purdue has shown some ability to have a high turnover game here or there. Tonight would be delightful if it was one of those games. Keep Murphy out of foul trouble, don't let Joey go all Mark Madson on us and shoot 14 three-pointers and hope that Mason and the freshmen guards can penetrate the lane a bit.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to back home games. Me likey!! Time to play 40 minutes, not 39:35, 40. Gotta be 40. Purdue has shown some ability to have a high turnover game here or there. Tonight would be delightful if it was one of those games. Keep Murphy out of foul trouble, don't let Joey go all Mark Madson on us and shoot 14 three-pointers and hope that Mason and the freshmen guards can penetrate the lane a bit.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan, I am happy for you that you always initiate these in-game threads. Just a thought, in your opening post of these, maybe you could start always putting in Date/Time/Location/TV info. I know it's not your responsibility, but fans who want to watch or listen to the game would not have to navigate to another website to find out how to tune in. And if people know they can always find that info in the first post of the in-game threads, it would probably also boost the number of participants in the thread.

Stan, I am happy for you that you always initiate these in-game threads. Just a thought, in your opening post of these, maybe you could start always putting in Date/Time/Location/TV info. I know it's not your responsibility, but fans who want to watch or listen to the game would not have to navigate to another website to find out how to tune in. And if people know they can always find that info in the first post of the in-game threads, it would probably also boost the number of participants in the thread.

Good suggestion. I added in top, and will start doing so moving forward.

I'll be there. 8th row center court. Team side. Woooohooo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14.5 spread. I have no feelings one way or another. We play the better teams close and get blown away by the lessers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good suggestion. I added in top, and will start doing so moving forward.

Nice information. You could leave the Gophers record off though. No one needs to be reminded of that...

Gophers appear to be underdogs with a 14 point spread. Underdog seems reasonable but 14 points??? Is this a bet that you take? Thoughts?

I'd have Dupree in early and driving. Getting AJ and/or Haas in foul trouble could be huge. Then force some turnovers and the Gophers win. Simple.

Gophers appear to be underdogs with a 14 point spread. Underdog seems reasonable but 14 points??? Is this a bet that you take? Thoughts?

For what it's worth, Gophers have played 3 of the better teams in the B1G reasonably tough. ... Indiana, @ Michigan, and MSU (albeit, w/o Valentine). Not a big gambler, but I think +14 is a steal tonight. It's not like Purdue has been dominant in league play (lost @ Illinois), and now they might not have Swanigan and possibly Edwards. I like the Gophers +14 even if both those guys play. And Swanigan would be a much bigger loss than Haas, IMO.

My 22 season ticket'seats will be empty tonight. No buyers, no takers free and I have no energy to go for Pitino. I support the players and will find some energy for a couple more games but this is too much for anyone. This is the worst coach evea!

My 22 season ticket'seats will be empty tonight. No buyers, no takers free and I have no energy to go for Pitino. I support the players and will find some energy for a couple more games but this is too much for anyone. This is the worst coach evea!
That's a lot of season tix!

[emoji482] Clink em and drink em.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'd have Dupree in early and driving. Getting AJ and/or Haas in foul trouble could be huge. Then force some turnovers and the Gophers win. Simple.

Here, here! I'm with you Scher.

Thanks for always getting the thread going, Stan.

Just turned on the big ten to go broadcast. The pregame camera was focused on Pitino and Painter without sound for about two minutes. Very odd looking conversation. Both looked defensive and there was very little smiling. Painter even had a smug look about him, but I'm probably biased. You could probably say Pitino looked a little winey if you were biased be other way.

Go Gophs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the off-season, lock Dupree in the gym until he can make FT's.

We don't need fans like you anyway.

Good lesson in how to rebound for Richard if he's watching.

Great start. Win the opening tip. Nope that doesn't count. Get a steal, can't control the ball, results in a bucket for Purdue.

Can one of those scientists at the U teach Dupree how to shoot and then clone him 4 times?

Top Bottom