***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It would be nice if one thread didn’t evolve into a discussion about who likes and who hates pitino. I haven’t been on much today but I imagine there are other threads about him?

anyway, I watched it delayed. ugly first half with a lot of good looks that we’re just missed and a lot of forced shots.

This team is full of streaky shooters. Too bad they all seem to feed off each other. Carr makes a 3, so everyone seems to realize they can also make 3s.

Ihnen continues to impress. Really like his offensive rebounding and seems to be in better spots defensively. His length helps a lot.

It would be nice if one thread didn’t evolve into a discussion about who likes and who hates pitino. I haven’t been on much today but I imagine there are other threads about him?

anyway, I watched it delayed. ugly first half with a lot of good looks that we’re just missed and a lot of forced shots.

This team is full of streaky shooters. Too bad they all seem to feed off each other. Carr makes a 3, so everyone seems to realize they can also make 3s.

Ihnen continues to impress. Really like his offensive rebounding and seems to be in better spots defensively. His length helps a lot.
Why do people confuse not liking his atrocious record with not liking him ?

Nature of our county. Much hate and tearing down people everywhere. Unfortunately its the new normal but it shouldn't have to happen here except we have trolls who are having issues that we won.

MPLS said a loss would have been like Christmas early...

I meant hate as a coach. I think you're being dense intentionally as I was clearly discussing the thread that preceded my post. I was walking my dog and didn't think I needed to clarify my post any further. Will try to do better. (I mean better with more clear posts in the future) ((The future meaning any time after this post))

MPLS said a loss would have been like Christmas early...
Don’t lie.

I said that Pitino not being the coach any more would be Christmas early.

No matter how much you lie and twist it, I never said that and never meant that.

If Pitino is definitely coming back, Coyle can end the speculation with one short statement. "Richard Pitino will return as the Gopher Men's BB coach for the 2020-21 season."

Until Coyle makes that statement, there will be speculation. Intentionally or not, Coyle is causing his coach to twist in the wind.

If Pitino is definitely coming back, Coyle can end the speculation with one short statement. "Richard Pitino will return as the Gopher Men's BB coach for the 2020-21 season."

Until Coyle makes that statement, there will be speculation. Intentionally or not, Coyle is causing his coach to twist in the wind.
Don’t lie.

I said that Pitino not being the coach any more would be Christmas early.

No matter how much you lie and twist it, I never said that and never meant that.
Oh I'm not lying but you are spinning. You said this:

'Thought Christmas might come a day early! Oh well, will have to wait for tomorrow for Richard Pitino’s last game as Gophers head coach.

Then the Pitino trolls (theczar, et al) can suck eggs.'

That's a guy who wanted the Gophers to lose.

Or he is still deciding.

You said this:

'Thought Christmas might come a day early! Oh well, will have to wait for tomorrow for Richard Pitino’s last game as Gophers head coach.
Thanks for proving that I was correct and you’re a liar.

That is about enough of your BS! It gets sickening coming across your CONSTANT bitching about Pitino in every basketball thread. We get it, show some maturity and try get back to some constructive discussions. You sound like a spoiled teenager.

Lol we beat NW and Oturu had half of our points...Not impressed. This was likely our last game anyways with the Hoiberg situation.

Lol we beat NW and Oturu had half of our points...Not impressed. This was likely our last game anyways with the Hoiberg situation.

1. 24 is *checks calculator*.... not half of 74
2. you kind of want your best player to lead the team in points.

That is about enough of your BS! It gets sickening coming across your CONSTANT bitching about Pitino in every basketball thread. We get it, show some maturity and try get back to some constructive discussions. You sound like a spoiled teenager.

There wasn't any of this until a poster asked where the pitino bashers are..........that's over many of your heads.

When being called out, I came calling.

Some of you are constantly talking out of both sides of your ass!

I meant hate as a coach. I think you're being dense intentionally as I was clearly discussing the thread that preceded my post. I was walking my dog and didn't think I needed to clarify my post any further. Will try to do better. (I mean better with more clear posts in the future) ((The future meaning any time after this post))
BADGER is a BADGER.

Think that is Coyle's general policy - dont talk about contracts until after the season.

Actually, the point is that the same people post over and over the same thing. For those of us interested in discussing the game, each and every thread devolves (or evolves if that feels better) into the same discussion. Pretty much all threads all the time. So - i know its a free country but the ask (wasted time though it may be) is not to turn every conversation into the same thing. It's not right or wrong, its just boring as hell.

Actually, the point is that the same people post over and over the same thing. For those of us interested in discussing the game, each and every thread devolves (or evolves if that feels better) into the same discussion. Pretty much all threads all the time. So - i know its a free country but the ask (wasted time though it may be) is not to turn every conversation into the same thing. It's not right or wrong, its just boring as hell.

Couldn't have said that any better.

I will admit that, after a certain period of time, I don't distinguish between the two all that much when it comes to feelings about coaches. Apart from feelings about corruption or other forms of significant misbehavior, I only judge a coach by the quality of the coach's record. After 7 years, I'm sick of Pitino being the coach of this team so that means I am also sick of Pitino period.

Having said that, I will go on record as saying that he probably shouldn't be fired if he manages a Big Ten tournament run that is long enough to get the team .500 or over and into the NIT.

Your Christmas come early post did come off as though you were hoping for a loss, at least to me.
Well what can I say, you don't get to interpret the words that I used in any other way than what the definitions of those words are.

I said, crystal clearly, that it was because it will be Pitino's last game as Gophers HC.

If you want to watch his last game, make sure to tune in today around 130pm.

True, but then he opens himself up to the same question at any point in the future. If Pitino returns next year and starts the season 4-6, you could ask the same question, is his job safe? If he refuses to answer affirmatively, is he leaving his coach twisting in the wind? Better course, and the one most ADs and GMs seem to follow, is to simply refuse comment until after the season. Coyle deviated from that course with Tracy Claeys and there are people on the football board who still bring it up at every opportunity.

Top Bottom