***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MARYLAND BTT 2ND ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Neither. Just a guess after watching the players all season. Battle has smiled once and his body language is all wrong. Freshman should stay. Everyone else has limited options if they want to play in a competetive conference. TT might leave to find more playing time but something tells me he won't.

I suppose If everyone starts heading for the portal we know Ben's days are numbered. I don't think that will happen.
I think it's fair to feel pretty confident about the MN Freshmen and Garcia.

Not sure on others, but if I had to bet I'd think Henley comes back as well.

I understand. Think it was the “close to being a turnover” stuff that made me think there were more. Too darn sloppy with the ball the whole season and of course this game too.
Yeah, I hear you. Handles and passes were very sloppy today. Also just realized the two missing TOs were probably the 10 second violations.

I actually thought Carrington defended really well tonight. By far his best game on both ends
I thought Young kind of worked him over after Henley fouled out. Think he will be decent defensively. Really nice to see him hit those 3’s

Oh, no. Don't encourage post-game ref bashing.

Yeah, you're right. That might have been his 15th post on the refs tonight.

I know it's part of being a fan, but the refs aren't ALWAYS against us.

I think it's fair to feel pretty confident about the MN Freshmen and Garcia.

Not sure on others, but if I had to bet I'd think Henley comes back as well.
This feels like wishful thinking. If all that comes to pass, I'd consider it a huge win.

Who leaves besides Henley?
Payne would be the biggest prize, thus will have the most options put in front of him.

We better hope the allure of a final four run / playing for a title doesn’t outweigh playing at home.

Payne would be the biggest prize, thus will have the most options put in front of him.

We better hope the allure of a final four run / playing for a title doesn’t outweigh playing at home.
Battle appeared to be the only checked out player tonight. Woof, what a season for him. Everything save for the closing shot against Rutgers went bad for him this year.

These freshmen don't even have their Man bodies yet. Some might not be done growing. At one point Maryland had 5 Seniors on the court. Valuable learning experience for them this year and they should make significant jumps next season. The game is still fast for them and it will slow with experience. Hopefully some of them help the cause and do like the women's players did and announce their commitment to the program ASAP.

Maryland is probably the worst matchup in the entire B1G. Too athletic, strong and seasoned for our guys.

They effectively eliminated Garcia, Battle and Cooper. Garcia and Battle are too soft to play well against them like Payne did.

The freshmen looked pretty good against them though so let’s hope they all stay.

Defense sucked against the screen and roll. No communication at all about who takes who in the exchange. Saw quite a few where both defenders guarded same man and left the roll wide open to the basket. Terrible!

Encouraging to see our best player last night was freshman Payne. Hopefully, all the freshmen stay and we them to build on.

Carrington was 10/22 on 3's in his last eight games, not high volume but at a 45% clip.

Carrington was 10/22 on 3's in his last eight games, not high volume but at a 45% clip.
No guarantees for his future, but I'm high on him as a shooter. Even earlier in the year when he was missing everything, our season ticket group all thought he had good shooting form and would eventually find a groove.

Battle didn't appear to have the vibe of a guy coming back. Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he's playing for us next year.
It is hard to say. Maybe he was ill or nicked up again. Safe to say it was not one of his best games. He was off all night.

It is hard to say. Maybe he was ill or nicked up again. Safe to say it was not one of his best games. He was off all night.
was kind of a black hole season for him. Dropped in all metrics. True shooting % was about 10% lower than his previous career low and he was actualy a negative player on the offensive end in terms of his plus/minus for the first time in his career as well as added next t ono win shares (and that was added on defense :oops:).I think one thing I will say is having Willis spaced the floor much better for him, but he also just shot it poorly this year. I'm mixed on him coming back but you do need some upper classmen and he has been a shooter in the past and that's something this team sorely will need to keep the heat off Payne down low.

was kind of a black hole season for him. Dropped in all metrics. True shooting % was about 10% lower than his previous career low and he was actualy a negative player on the offensive end in terms of his plus/minus for the first time in his career as well as added next t ono win shares (and that was added on defense :oops:).I think one thing I will say is having Willis spaced the floor much better for him, but he also just shot it poorly this year. I'm mixed on him coming back but you do need some upper classmen and he has been a shooter in the past and that's something this team sorely will need to keep the heat off Payne down low.
He’s not good. Volume shooter who does nothing else.

Top Bottom