Official Minnesota-Iowa Pre-Game Thread: Articles, Links, Tweets & More

@brockvereen21
People have always told me that there's nothing in Iowa. They didn't stress the fact that there is LITERALLY NOTHING IN IOWA

bwahahahaha

Hope they're bringing the "A" game tomorrow

@GopherHole: This #Gophers defensive stud gets it => RT @BIG_shede: Iowa is so stank

@GopherHole: This #Gophers WR gets it => RT @Dcrawfordtufts: It even smells weird in this state. Glad I'm from #minnesota

Go Gophers!!

Read it all the way through, your question is answered:

INJURY REPORT (For Sept. 29 at Iowa)

Brock Vereen, questionable
MarQueis Gray, out
Tommy Olson, out
Foster Bush, out
Martez Shabazz, out
Jamel Harbison, out for the season

I know he was HURT, but wondered what literally happened I never saw or noticed him hurt. Thanks freakydeke for clarifying.

Minnesota Depth Chart for Iowa game.
http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/09/game-5-depth-chart-injury-report.html

I must have missed this... what happened to Tommy the Tank???

Here you go courtesy of ESPN 1500 and Station19:

ophers: QB MarQueis Gray will miss his second straight game with a sprained left knee and ankle. Gray has not practiced since the injury occurred on Sept. 15 against Western Michigan, apart from minor workouts with team trainers. LG Tommy Olson has been ruled out as he still recovering from tweaking one of his ankles last Saturday in the Gophers' victory over Syracuse. Redshirt freshman Jon Christenson has shifted from his backup role at C to fill the vacancy at LG. An ankle injury sidelined C Zach Mottla for back-to-back games, but he has returned to practice and is projected to be ready for Saturday. Redshirt sophomore Zac Epping will start again at C, with Mottla situated as the primary backup. RT Foster Bush was listed as "out" on the Gophers' weekly injury report on Thursday with an undisclosed injury. Redshirt freshman Ernie Heifort replaced Bush as the backup to starting RT Josh Campion on the 'U' depth chart. WR Brock Vereen is questionable with an unspecified injury. CB Martez Shabazz is out for a second week with a dislocated right toe. WR Andre McDonald was not included on the injury report, but his status for Saturday is unknown. McDonald was back at practice on Thursday after being kept out for a week following a procedure to address what was reported as a minor heart issue. WR Jamel Harbison is sidelined for the season as he rehabs from a torn right ACL.

(Now "lighten-up Francis!:cool: )

STrib: The Call: Gophers at Iowa

PREDICTION

Shortell breaks off a couple of big runs and hits A.J. Barker for a few big gainers. But Weisman bowling-balls his way to 150 yards and two scores, and the game, and Floyd of Rosedale's address, is decided on the final possession. Say, Shortell over the middle to a tight end?

Gophers 20

Hawkeyes 17

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/171873661.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom