***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I turned my head away for a second. How the h3ll did we get down by 20+ so fast?

IW23's youth causes a turnover. ugh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I honestly forgot they were playing today. Oh well.

The problem with this team is that we set low expectations... and they fail to meet them.

Taking it on the chin on Purdue senior day. Nothing really shocking about that. I'm happy with how the Iowa game turned out, figured that woiuld be our last win of the year. Should be fun next year, we will be a top 5 team in the conference.

Taking it on the chin on Purdue senior day. Nothing really shocking about that. I'm happy with how the Iowa game turned out, figured that woiuld be our last win of the year. Should be fun next year, we will be a top 5 team in the conference.

I can't wait till next year. If we have no injuries or suspensions, then we can show effort and some semblance of a game plan.

-30 with more than 6 minutes to go. We may get lapped...

I can't wait till next year. If we have no injuries or suspensions, then we can show effort and some semblance of a game plan.
And a new coach.

What makes you imagine we'll be a top 5 team in the B1G? We'll have 2 proven players in McBrayer and Murphy (if Fat Pat ain't right). Very rarely do rookies push a team into the top 5.

Well, at least we have the possession arrow in our favor.

The problem with this team is that we set low expectations... and they fail to meet them.

We put the bar on the floor, trip on it and break a leg.

What makes you imagine we'll be a top 5 team in the B1G? We'll have 2 proven players in McBrayer and Murphy (if Fat Pat ain't right). Very rarely do rookies push a team into the top 5.

So I guess we are not counting Coffey or Curry as proven players anymore? lol. We will get a grad transfer who will have proven D1 experience. Oturu is going to make an impact similar to coffey made his freshman year. IW will be better, as will Hurt(they have proven they have improved the last couple of games). Stockman is better than BK, and I hope Fitz leaves so we can get another grad transfer. If not, he is a decent 8th or 9th player off the bench.

The team as constructed is downright bad and we lose our leading scorer and best player. Yet we're going to go from 11th to 5th with Coffey, Curry and some freshman?

So I guess we are not counting Coffey or Curry as proven players anymore? lol. We will get a grad transfer who will have proven D1 experience. Oturu is going to make an impact similar to coffey made his freshman year. IW will be better, as will Hurt(they have proven they have improved the last couple of games). Stockman is better than BK, and I hope Fitz leaves so we can get another grad transfer. If not, he is a decent 8th or 9th player off the bench.
That's a good point. Totally forgot about those two in the heat of our sucky season. Alright, we have an outside shot at getting to 6 with those two. [emoji56]

Getting Coffey back doesn't even offset the loss of Mason. Curry's a nice player and hopefully Oturu will contribute, but that doesn't take us from 11th in a bad conference to 5th in a better one. Unless the open scholarship turns into a Vincent Grier type transfer I don't see the optimism of being more than a 8-9 win team in the B1G next year at best.

The team as constructed is downright bad and we lose our leading scorer and best player. Yet we're going to go from 11th to 5th with Coffey, Curry and some freshman?
I'll think about 5 if Murphy can learn to consistently knock down 3s. (That assumes Murphy sticks around.)

Purdue's scrub sophomore guard makes our guards look bad.

I'll think about 5 if Murphy can learn to consistently knock down 3s. (That assumes Murphy sticks around.)

Is this based on analysis of the rest of the the conference?

PG: IW/Transfer
SG: McBrayer/Harris/Gabe
SF: Coffey/Hurt/Fitz(could be a PF also)
PF: Murphy/Curry/Omersa
C:Oturu/Stockman

That roster has better depth and balance than this year by a mile. Our guard depth is my biggest concern, Pitino needs to get a dynamite grad transfer. If he can do that I am willing to bet we are much better than most expect. Mason is great, but when he is not playing well we struggle and he often takes way too many shots and puts us in an even deeper hole.

Long story short: if that team stays healthy, yes I am willing to bet we are top 5(or at least tourney if you can't accept top 5)

I'm not going to get too worked up about a lopsided road loss to a top 10 team. I remember better Haskins teams losing worse than this to lesser teams than Purdue. But I know that it's possible to defend better than this with the players they still have.

PG: IW/Transfer
SG: McBrayer/Harris/Gabe
SF: Coffey/Hurt/Fitz(could be a PF also)
PF: Murphy/Curry/Omersa
C:Oturu/Stockman

That roster has better depth and balance than this year by a mile. Our guard depth is my biggest concern, Pitino needs to get a dynamite grad transfer. If he can do that I am willing to bet we are much better than most expect. Mason is great, but when he is not playing well we struggle and he often takes way too many shots and puts us in an even deeper hole.

Long story short: if that team stays healthy, yes I am willing to bet we are top 5(or at least tourney if you can't accept top 5)

We won't be horrible with that roster. But I think proclamations of top 5/NCAAs are wishful thinking. I see an average B1G team in that roster, maybe slightly below average. If IW takes a massive step forward and the transfer is a hit, maybe.

I'm not going to get too worked up about a lopsided road loss to a top 10 team. I remember better Haskins teams losing worse than this to lesser teams than Purdue. But I know that it's possible to defend better than this with the players they still have.

I agree, Pitino will have to take a look at defensive sets and restablish the intensity of defense we had last year. They can play better on defense for sure, but I think you have to consider the possibility of tired legs and discouraged attitudes impact us negativley as well.

Hard to get worked up about much of anything this season with how many things went wrong out of our control.

We won't be horrible with that roster. But I think proclamations of top 5/NCAAs are wishful thinking. I see an average B1G team in that roster, maybe slightly below average. If IW takes a massive step forward and the transfer is a hit, maybe.

Perhaps you are right, top 5 may be too optimistic. I think 10 wins is where they should end up. Bottom line I think that team has the potential to make a tournament bid for sure and if they don't, they will have underachived imo and Pitino should be shown the door.

I can't imagine this team can play much worse next year and you hope that we don't have losses like Coffey and Lynch, but you would also suspect that the Big10 will not be as bad this year as it was this year. Top 5 would be nice, but we'll see.

If anyone expected anymore than how this game ended ..they are smoking the good reefer....please share.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom