***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN ST IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

37 seconds left in first half and the announcers say "Coach Johnson needs to find a way to get his team back in this and quick."
(Channel Change)

Total TurnoversMN 7PSU 1
Points Off Turnovers210
Points in Paint1224

If there was ever a game to get a player with 2 fouls back inti the game in the first half, this was it, in my opinion. Really bad half.

Most coaches will tell their team to stay away from the sidelines against a press. Bennie has taken a different route.

Ben Johnson employing his infamous "playing possum" strategy again AKA the rope-a-dope. Lull PSU to sleep to then sneak up from behind! Trailed at half in every conference game so far. The streak continues. Ballsy move on the road in this one but alas I am not a coach so I have no choice other than trusting his instincts. Go Gophers!

Dear Ben:
1. Unfold your arms on the sidelines and coach
2. Stop playing zone, its pretty obvious the team is struggling
3. Garcia should not be bringing the ball up the court.

Change those three things and we might have a chance lol

Coyle - you should be ashamed to put your fans through this every year.

Dear Ben:
1. Unfold your arms on the sidelines and coach
2. Stop playing zone, its pretty obvious the team is struggling
3. Garcia should not be bringing the ball up the court.

Change those three things and we might have a chance lol

Coyle - you should be ashamed to put your fans through this every year.
Coyle should be the one on the hotseat not Ben

Seriously CBJ. Get your hands out of your armpits and call a timeout during that ridiculous stretch. How did you not practice beating the press all week? Was the plan to play Hawkins all 40 minutes?

Gonna have to shoot 65% from 3 this half to make if a game like we did against Wisconsin in the 2nd half. That is if we can make it past half court.

Ok we are now WELL aware that Christie and Mitchell are not PGs, and MN is not going to chuck 3’s trying to get back in this game. Play in the paint has been dismal for 2weeks. Am hoping Thor starts the second half to occupy some space. PSU is overplaying so much that any fakes or back cuts should be layups (w/fouls not called, of course). JOJ often misses dunks untouched….

Top Bottom