***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Revenge will be in the air Sunday night and this time we’ll be on the other side. Huskers can’t be happy with the way we pulled last game out early in season.

This isn’t football, Gophers don’t own Huskers in basketball, and Lincoln is a tough place to play.

But stay out of foul trouble, take their first punch or two and we can win this. Would be a huge Quad 1 win.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revenge will be in the air Sunday night and this time we’ll be on the other side. Huskers can’t be happy with the way we pulled last game out early in season.

This isn’t football, Gophers don’t own Huskers in basketball, and Lincoln is a tough place to play.

But stay out of foul trouble, take their first punch or two and we can win this. Would be a huge Quad 1 win.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pharrell cracked 🌽 and I don’t care

Keep the 52-26 second half last meeting momentum going! Crazy to think about this metric:

NEB takes the same number (69%) of shots from 3pt./Long 2's as MN takes (69%) from inside 4 feet from the rim!

There is no rational reason why the matchups don't favor MN in a road victory here. Both teams playing well, but MN trending even better. We know the recipe. Contain Tominaga, limit turnovers, take good shots, rebound. NEB is a poor OReb team.

Is this the game doubters have ammo to criticize?

Nebraska is a tough 16-1 at home. Gophers are 2-5 away, including an early whooping on Iowa ending in Gopher defeat.

Or will the Gophers of the tOSU, Rutgers, Purdue games keep looking real good.

Is this the game doubters have ammo to criticize?

Nebraska is a tough 16-1 at home. Gophers are 2-5 away, including an early whooping on Iowa ending in Gopher defeat.

Or will the Gophers of the tOSU, Rutgers, Purdue games keep looking real good.
I laugh at 16-1, it means nothing after they are 16-2 later today.

Would be good to see another strong game from Payne. I have a slight concern that his strong performances the last couple games may have been in part due to getting away with some aggressive plays at home that he'll get called for on the road. Mast seems to have similar size to Payne, but Nebraska doesn't play anyone taller than 6'9". Last time against Nebraska we started Carrington over Mitchell, and I wouldn't be surprised if we task Carrington again with locking down Tominaga. Payne had 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 35 minutes. Joshua Ola-Joseph was actually the leading scorer, but I don't think we'll see that again.

Would be good to see another strong game from Payne. I have a slight concern that his strong performances the last couple games may have been in part due to getting away with some aggressive plays at home that he'll get called for on the road. Mast seems to have similar size to Payne, but Nebraska doesn't play anyone taller than 6'9". Last time against Nebraska we started Carrington over Mitchell, and I wouldn't be surprised if we task Carrington again with locking down Tominaga. Payne had 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 35 minutes. Joshua Ola-Joseph was actually the leading scorer, but I don't think we'll see that again.
Garcia will be up to the task of replacing JOJ’s production.

We need JOJ to be Josh Ola-Joseph-Murphy!

We stay out of foul trouble and Carrington (again) shuts down Tomaninga, we match up pretty well against the Huskers. Then Garcia and Hawkins give us the winning edge to overcome Nebraska home court advantage.

When in Nebraska, play with swag. Play because you will win it.

We stay out of foul trouble and Carrington (again) shuts down Tomaninga, we match up pretty well against the Huskers. Then Garcia and Hawkins give us the winning edge to overcome Nebraska home court advantage.
Gophs are a better squad compared to when they played nebby in December.

The Gophers will probably lose because Nebraska is solid, and the Gophers are on the road. There's no shame in losing this game.

With that said, if the Gophers want to make the NCAA Tournament, then they need to win this game.
Only if they play well and L. Tough game at difficult place to get a W being 16-1. No time for a letdown. Bring it!

Top Bottom