***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MISSISSIPPI STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I thought Ben was the wrong hire, but prayed I was wrong. It appears my prayers may have been answered!

Can you imagine a young, former Gopher restoring the program to prominence? If he pans out this could be decades of awesomeness.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ben Johnson and Minnesota continue to be a surprise. Gophers beat Mississippi State in Starkville to remain undefeated. That loss will follow the Bulldogs all the way to Selection Sunday.</p>&mdash; Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) <a href="">December 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Dink. That will be a quality loss for Miss St on Selection Sunday.

I thought Ben was the wrong hire, but prayed I was wrong. It appears my prayers may have been answered!

Can you imagine a young, former Gopher restoring the program to prominence? If he pans out this could be decades of awesomeness.
If Johnson puts us on the map and turns us into a perennial contending team he will be a legend. Like one of the most revered coaches in state history across all leagues.

Really good win! We gotta learn to finish off games so they don’t have to go down to the wire but still awesome to see them pull it out once again. 7-0 and there’s still a lot of things we can improve upon. Great sign.

Thought you weren't going to watch them this year....
So far I haven’t. I saw some highlights on Twitter.

Also—a little sad you follow me closely enough to know what i said when i don’t remember it.

Only moved up to 91 in kenpom

Seems a bit silly to say.....but I'd have to think the Gophers are getting votes tomorrow. Likely that they are the only undefeated power conference team that isn't ranked.
Join the party in “the when will be ranked thread”

didn't watch the game. (was watching the Vikes' debacle with the sound off, and listening to the Gophers on the radio).

So, people who watched the game, chime in on this: On Twitter, Ryan James made a lot of mention of the Gopher coaches switching up defenses - going from man-to-man to zone, and even using different types of zones. Burns said that caused Miss State some problems as they tried to adjust.

nice to have a coaching staff that can make adjustments.

didn't watch the game. (was watching the Vikes' debacle with the sound off, and listening to the Gophers on the radio).

So, people who watched the game, chime in on this: On Twitter, Ryan James made a lot of mention of the Gopher coaches switching up defenses - going from man-to-man to zone, and even using different types of zones. Burns said that caused Miss State some problems as they tried to adjust.

Had Battle at the top of the zone. Long arms probably causes issues on passing. It also made MSU use more clock, but it did cause some defensive rebounding issues.

The announcers talked about that point also. It is all true.

Badly outrebounded, but only gave up 1 transition basket.

Love this team!

Let's get some love for Curry. Battled the athletic MSU frontcourt all day, and even though he was overwhelmed at times, he played smart and hard all game.
Played a great game and didn't try to do too much.

Yeah, it was obvious when we went zone and they had no idea how to beat it.

In between their discussions about everything but the game in front of them they did mention it.

Top Bottom