***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Enough with tearing people down. Are you the nation's first NFL coach-meteorologist? It's ok if you have a low opinion of the players while others have low opinions of the coaches.

Like with many topics, there's a lot of people that are one far end or the other. Either it's "there is no talent on this team and it's not the coaches fault at all" or "this was a 9 win team last year so this is all on the coaches". It falls somewhere in the middle in my opinion.

So they should have lost by half as much right? Or maybe even closer than half of that deficit? Like by 23 points instead of 58?

So is that precious 247 ranking also an indicator of how many points you win/lose by? One heck of a resource, that's for sure.

BTW - I missed your weekly Saturday Night update on that thread. You must have been busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is that precious 247 ranking also an indicator of how many points you win/lose by? One heck of a resource, that's for sure.

BTW - I missed your weekly Saturday Night update on that thread. You must have been busy.

I find it incredulous that people are whining that we lost at Michigan. Is this something new?

I find it incredulous that people are whining that we lost at Michigan. Is this something new?

Change your best

I think it's how they lost that's the issue. Previous 2 games were a W for the Gophers and a very close fun game that should have been a W. Super competitive, fun games to watch...this one not so much. I am hopeful that this squad can somehow beat Nebby and Northwestern to make a bowl game, but I would "settle" for a W over an undefeated Wisky team to win the axe back and spoil their playoff hopes (insert evil mmmmmwhaaaahaaaaha laugh)!

Looking at that 2011 roster and I don't see much difference in talent between those teams. 2011's team had some big guys on the defensive line that maybe never played up to their potential, but Kirksey, Anthony Jacobs, Hageman, Wilhite, and Amafuela were all developed big guys. The linebacking corps had some standouts as did the defensive backfield. It's not unusual to see first year coaches struggle to implement their systems on both sides of the ball.

Looking at that 2013 roster and I don't see much difference in talent between those teams. 2013's team had some big guys on the defensive line that maybe never played up to their potential, but Kirksey, Anthony Jacobs, Hageman, Wilhite, and Amafuela were all developed big guys. The linebacking corps had some standouts as did the defensive backfield. It's not unusual to see first year coaches struggle to implement their systems on both sides of the ball.

The Gophers team in question is 2011.

I don't know if people are necessarily upset that they lost, but HOW they lost. It was ugly. As many have stated the necessary adjustments to limit the damage were not made.

Top Bottom