***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'd like to see a study done with Next Gen stats for how many times across all sports a team has lost after being +90% to win. I bet MN teams are disproportionately on that list
My bet is your study would show it happens about 10% of the time. (Isn't that what +90% to win means? That is, that it'll be a loss 10% of the time?) As for MN teams, that's another question.

Last edited:

He doesn't do anything other than though. He gets benched for messing up defensive assignments. He should have played over Parker today though.

I agree, his perfect role is a scorer off the bench. When all of their bigs are having issues with fouls or injured, he should be playing more than 6 minutes.

And Ihnen getting any minutes over JOJ is coaching malpractice.

office-space-paul-lee-wilson.gif

Coach Ben Johnson says this #Gopher team has that edge and fight in them. He says in KFAN post-game interview, “We lost our edge. Even though we were up the energy, the vibe wasn’t what it needed to be. We got low into their pace.” Johnson expresses, “We’ve got to find a way to withstand that,” adding, “We have to figure out when the breakdowns happen and why.”

View attachment 30089

Coach Ben Johnson says this #Gopher team has that edge and fight in them. He says in KFAN post-game interview, “We lost our edge. Even though we were up the energy, the vibe wasn’t what it needed to be. We got low into their pace.” Johnson expresses, “We’ve got to find a way to withstand that,” adding, “We have to figure out when the breakdowns happen and why.”
What the f is he attempting to say?

This whole thing about letting off the gas is such bullshit. That’s not the reason every big lead is blown. It wasn’t today.

They lost because they played like complete shit after Garcia got hurt. They didn’t make any more shots. They played utterly terrible defense. Things snowballed and they absolutely panicked. That’s why they lost.

And it just sucks.

View attachment 30089

Is that a rhetorical “we”? 🤔

How was the show?
It was spectacular! I admit I've never seen the movie, but the songs are all familiar, of course. Our daughters used to listen to the soundtrack all the time when they were little. It exceeded my expectations. Very charming.

That's how we lost to Missouri, too. How many times to learn a lesson? The clock won't win a game for you; only you can win a game for you.
Right this has happened before. Hate when our teams play not to lose with so much time left on the clock! Play to win, way to early to slow it down and run clock. Disappointing.

9-11 could end up on WW though. There's only two disaster teams. 11 and 12 will likely have 8-9 wins. The current 11 and 12 seeds have 5. The Gophers have 6.

This is the kind of loss that sends teams reeling. Garcia is hurt. Purdue is next. That's a virtually certain loss. Next Sunday against Rutgers will tell us how the rest of the season will go.
Rutgers is playing better than when we played them, so that's not a gimme. I feel is winning is around 35/65.

This whole thing about letting off the gas is such bullshit. That’s not the reason every big lead is blown. It wasn’t today.

They lost because they played like complete shit after Garcia got hurt. They didn’t make any more shots. They played utterly terrible defense. Things snowballed and they absolutely panicked. That’s why they lost.

And it just sucks.
Wrong, we did start running clock!!! We have done it before with a big lead. We slowed down with ten minutes left. Keep playing the way you got the twenty point lead! Not smart!!

And it just sucks.
He has a tendency to let the team go too far before getting them settled down with a timeout and some go-to plays they can run to get a good, quality look. You could see that momentum shift happening in real time. Sometimes it just seems he doesn't have a good feel for the game. And when your team is getting molested with no calls while yours farts and gets a whistle, he has got to uncork once in a while. McCaffrey would have been in full-blown wig-out convulsions had the tables been turned.

Wrong, we did start running clock!!! We have done it before with a big lead. We slowed down with ten minutes left. Keep playing the way you got the twenty point lead! Not smart!!
In a vacuum, I get why Ben does because aren’t very deep but it just sucks the life out of this team.

Today sucked. If I’m looking for silver linings, last year we just looked overmatched and we aren’t this year.

He has a tendency to let the team go too far before getting them settled down with a timeout and some go-to plays they can run to get a good, quality look. You could see that momentum shift happening in real time. Sometimes it just seems he doesn't have a good feel for the game. And when your team is getting molested with no calls while yours farts and gets a whistle, he has got to uncork once in a while. McCaffrey would have been in full-blown wig-out convulsions had the tables been turned.
Glad we're using a B1G job for his on the job training.

It was spectacular! I admit I've never seen the movie, but the songs are all familiar, of course. Our daughters used to listen to the soundtrack all the time when they were little. It exceeded my expectations. Very charming.
I should add, I was one of four males in attendance. We formed a support group at intermission.

I think Grimm said today was their first halftime lead in a conference game. Pretty wild to be 6-6 and trailing or tied at half in 11 of those games. And the one lead ended as an L.

Top Bottom