***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I know it's early but I feel like I am watching the Bowling Green game again.
See, it's things like this that make this board hard to read. There's just no sense of reality, much of the time.

I give the board reality before the season begins, and Murray freaks on me. Why? ...Does anyone actually watch the game critically and honestly?

Gophers got a break! Watched Ohio St whip Mich St. Can only imagine the score if we played them again. 70 to 0!

Not sure if you saw the final score, but we won’t be needing your services for a few days.
Good. It's very stressful being the voice of reason.

Usually there's not much bitching here when we win.

Doesn't that make perfect sense? I wouldn't expect bad yelp reviews after a good meal.

So what is your point then?

I get that you want to replace Fleck, so what would your expectations be for a new coach? Under what timeline?

After today, we have guaranteed that we will finish over .500 in conference. That, alone, makes this one of the better years in my lifetime and I'm almost 40.

So honestly, you seem to want Fleck gone, what would be your realistic expectations for the next coach? If you're the voice of reason, I'd really love to avoid useless platitudes and know what kind of actual results you would expect.

Huh? I don’t get what you’re saying. Kramer misread it. I didnt start the thread.
I'm not sure if this is what #2Gopher is getting at, but there are some folks after wins, who think that any critical comments prior to the win are somehow idiotic. I know, it doesn't make sense.

Doesn't that make perfect sense? I wouldn't expect bad yelp reviews after a good meal.
Even if it could have been so much better? Our average looked good against Indiana's below average. Unlike the Illinois and BG games. So it was at least, an improvement. We need to be better if we really want to compete for a BTW title or more though. A good aggressive team could have hung 60+ on Indiana today.

4 chances, Martinez standing like a statue, no roll outs, no tie for Nebby. I wonder what Nebraska superfan is going to say in his weekly rexap.
Probably can roll out any video he did for the last 3 years and it would fit this game.

I'm not sure if this is what #2Gopher is getting at, but there are some folks after wins, who think that any critical comments prior to the win are somehow idiotic. I know, it doesn't make sense.
Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts and hopefully that isn’t the case. I say plenty of dumb shit. Kramer made a bad read and it cost him a TD. It didn’t change the outcome which is great.

Even if it could have been so much better? Our average looked good against Indiana's below average. Unlike the Illinois and BG games. So it was at least, an improvement. We need to be better if we really want to compete for a BTW title or more though. A good aggressive team could have hung 60+ on Indiana today.
I don't know, maybe I've just been a Gopher fan too long to be critical of a 35-14 win on the road in the Big 10.

We dominated them to about the same tune as any of the other good teams dominated them. We scored more against them than Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, or Penn State. We beat them more soundly than Cinci. We beat a bad team about as bad (or worse) as every good team beat them.

As to needing to do better to compete for the BTW? I mean, I'm as annoyed as anyone, but we're competing for a BTW title right now. We're a couple of plays away from controlling our own destiny going into the final game of the year.

As to better teams hanging 60 on them? Like who? Cinci hung 38? I guess Ohio State was close with 54.

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts and hopefully that isn’t the case. I say plenty of dumb shit. Kramer made a bad read and it cost him a TD. It didn’t change the outcome which is great.
I agree with your call. Kramer walks in if he keeps the ball there.

Gophers got a break! Watched Ohio St whip Mich St. Can only imagine the score if we played them again. 70 to 0!
Well for sure we play them again in 2023...along with Mich and Mich St.

So what is your point then?

I get that you want to replace Fleck, so what would your expectations be for a new coach? Under what timeline?

After today, we have guaranteed that we will finish over .500 in conference. That, alone, makes this one of the better years in my lifetime and I'm almost 40.

So honestly, you seem to want Fleck gone, what would be your realistic expectations for the next coach? If you're the voice of reason, I'd really love to avoid useless platitudes and know what kind of actual results you would expect.
Never said I want him gone. My only observation was that he's not quite as "elite" as some here seem to think.

We're Minnesota. We're never going to get a great HC, and if we do, he'll take a better gig when one comes along.

That said, the extension was ridiculous. A HC with a winning percentage hovering just above, or just below 60% is a dime a dozen. Especially when you can pad the record with a weak OOC schedule.

That's Philip Fleck.

I don't know, maybe I've just been a Gopher fan too long to be critical of a 35-14 win on the road in the Big 10.

We dominated them to about the same tune as any of the other good teams dominated them. We scored more against them than Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, or Penn State. We beat them more soundly than Cinci. We beat a bad team about as bad (or worse) as every good team beat them.

As to needing to do better to compete for the BTW? I mean, I'm as annoyed as anyone, but we're competing for a BTW title right now. We're a couple of plays away from controlling our own destiny going into the final game of the year.

As to better teams hanging 60 on them? Like who? Cinci hung 38? I guess Ohio State was close with 54.
Ok, 50. OSU could have hung 90 on Indiana if they wanted to. And I understand being at a level where sorta kinda having a chance to win the the BTW is cool. But as weak as the BTW is this year, I'm disappointed we're not better and I think we could have been this year. Should have been, really. A good performance against a below average team doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies but I am glad to see them make a few in game adjustments this week.

Today was a good meal but mainly because I haven't had a decent meal in weeks. But it was no where close to that Manny's steak from a couple of years ago.

I phrased that wrong. There'll be less in fighting this week ahead of the Wisky game.
but I bet you will be instrumental in whatever there is. Being the self proclaimed “ voice of BS” whoops I mean “voice of reason” here to keep us all in line.

Ok, 50. OSU could have hung 90 on Indiana if they wanted to. And I understand being at a level where sorta kinda having a chance to win the the BTW is cool. But as weak as the BTW is this year, I'm disappointed we're not better and I think we could have been this year. Should have been, really. A good performance against a below average team doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies but I am glad to see them make a few in game adjustments this week.

Today was a good meal but mainly because I haven't had a decent meal in weeks. But it was no where close to that Manny's steak from a couple of years ago.
So you think we should put up as many points as Ohio State?

As far as Ohio State "could" have put 90 on Indiana, we certainly could have hung more than 35 on Indiana. I don't think we called a pass in the 4th quarter.

As far as beating a bad team giving you the warm and fuzzies, well yeah. It doesn't make up for disappointments but we're like 2 hours from the end of the game. If you can't enjoy the good, why put up with any of the bad?

Yep, I agree. The Manny's (2019) was awesome and this isn't as good. However, you'd be a complete asshole (not calling you one) if you went to a burger joint and left at a burger joint and compared it to Manny's.

It is what it is. It's a solid, convincing win against a bad team. We beat them as bad (or worse) as every good team they played this year except for Ohio State.

Well for sure we play them again in 2023...along with Mich and Mich St.
Could be a very challenging season. But on the bright side Gophers will play for the Ax, Floyd, and the Little Brown Jug.

Never said I want him gone. My only observation was that he's not quite as "elite" as some here seem to think.

We're Minnesota. We're never going to get a great HC, and if we do, he'll take a better gig when one comes along.

That said, the extension was ridiculous. A HC with a winning percentage hovering just above, or just below 60% is a dime a dozen. Especially when you can pad the record with a weak OOC schedule.

That's Philip Fleck.
60% winning percentage at Minnesota is a dime a dozen. Now that made me laugh. How old are you Boomtime?

That's Philip Fleck.
Gotcha. So nothing concrete?

What would an elite coach have done in Fleck's time at the U? Who are some examples of elite coaches? Are we talking like Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer? LOL

As to the nonconference schedule, you really have no idea what you're talking about. We now only play 3 OOC games and one of those teams we play is a P5 school. Mason and Kill deserve a ton of credit, but what kind OOC schedule are you looking for?

PJ Fleck has the Gophers finishing over .500 2 times in 4.5 seasons. Mason and Kill, in a combined 14.5 seasons, finished over .500 in the Big 10 3 times.

I'm not sure you know what PJ Fleck is.

That's Philip Fleck.

"We're Minnesota", said the troll.

Could be a very challenging season. But on the bright side Gophers will play for the Ax, Floyd, and the Little Brown Jug.
i believe we have reached a point with Fleck to expect to win every game. I realize we underachieved in a couple of games this year but, I think most of us thought we were the better team in the losses. Lets beat the Badgers and put the BIG on notice.

Top Bottom