***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Gotcha. So nothing concrete?

What would an elite coach have done in Fleck's time at the U? Who are some examples of elite coaches? Are we talking like Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer? LOL

As to the nonconference schedule, you really have no idea what you're talking about. We now only play 3 OOC games and one of those teams we play is a P5 school. Mason and Kill deserve a ton of credit, but what kind OOC schedule are you looking for?

PJ Fleck has the Gophers finishing over .500 2 times in 4.5 seasons. Mason and Kill, in a combined 14.5 seasons, finished over .500 in the Big 10 3 times.

I'm not sure you know what PJ Fleck is.
Gophs missed three of the top four teams from the East and still struggled. Not for lack of trying and not for lack of talent.

The problem is coaching. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

1-8 against Wisconsin and Iowa. That's all you need to know.

Gophs missed three of the top four teams from the East and still struggled. Not for lack of trying and not for lack of talent.

The problem is coaching. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

1-8 against Wisconsin and Iowa. That's all you need to know.
You forgot to say We.....because you know.....you are a fan.....

You forgot to say We.....because you know.....you are a fan.....
We just beat, arguably, the worst team in the conference and our signature win this season is a 7-4 Purdue.

Did you see I used the word "we"?

Maybe Fleck gets lucky and Wisconsin is looking ahead to tOSU after Nebraska beats Iowa on Friday.

Think Philip gets a contract extension to 2032 if he beats the Badgers?

We just beat, arguably, the worst team in the conference and our signature win this season is a 7-4 Purdue.

Did you see I used the word "we"?

Maybe Fleck gets lucky and Wisconsin is looking ahead to tOSU after Nebraska beats Iowa on Friday.

Think Philip gets a contract extension to 2032 if he beats the Badgers?
Fingers crossed we get lucky I guess, know you will be pulling hard for us...because you are definitely a fan and not a troll.

You can call for him to be fired all you want, but Fleck isn't going anywhere for a while. So guess you will have to find a way to deal with a coach you despise being in charge of a team you want us all to believe you are a fan of because unlike most trolls you seem determined to prove you aren't one as opposed to just embracing it.

Fingers crossed we get lucky I guess, know you will be pulling hard for us...because you are definitely a fan and not a troll.

You can call for him to be fired all you want, but Fleck isn't going anywhere for a while. So guess you will have to find a way to deal with a coach you despise being in charge of a team you want us all to believe you are a fan of because unlike most trolls you seem determined to prove you aren't one as opposed to just embracing it.
I know things are looking up. 24/7 has the 2022 recruiting class at #47 and Rivals has us at #50.

Good times ahead for Mr. ELITE.

Gotcha. So nothing concrete?

What would an elite coach have done in Fleck's time at the U? Who are some examples of elite coaches? Are we talking like Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer? LOL

As to the nonconference schedule, you really have no idea what you're talking about. We now only play 3 OOC games and one of those teams we play is a P5 school. Mason and Kill deserve a ton of credit, but what kind OOC schedule are you looking for?

PJ Fleck has the Gophers finishing over .500 2 times in 4.5 seasons. Mason and Kill, in a combined 14.5 seasons, finished over .500 in the Big 10 3 times.

I'm not sure you know what PJ Fleck is.
Boomtime is an Iowa troll. Best just to ignore.

I know things are looking up. 24/7 has the 2022 recruiting class at #47 and Rivals has us at #50.

Good times ahead for Mr. ELITE.
Yeah it’s definitely best to judge a class because it’s complete. Wisconsin is 46th, Iowa 52nd.

Geez, that Iowa pig f'cker Boomtime posts a lot. I put her on ignore and half the posts disappeared!

Wow, I was so depressed after the first quarter. Hats off to the boys for turning it around. Makes next week a lot more interesting.

the outlook on the program has changed - with positive and not-so-positive consequences.

in the years when most people - including most fans -expected the team to be average or below average, winning 8 games and making a decent bowl game was seen as an accomplishment.

But, there were fans who said MN was capable of being better with the right coach. and when Fleck was hired, some felt he was the right coach.

Then the Gophers went 11-2.

Now, some fans determined that the expectations were raised. that, instead of setting their sights at 8 wins, the Gophers should set their sights at 10 wins or more.

it's great to have higher expectations - but it also means it's tougher to meet those expectations.

And suddenly, a 8-win season that, once upon a time, would have been seen as an accomplishment, feels to some people like a disappointment.

I suppose that's progress. but it comes with a cost.

Top Bottom