***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Good recovery by Howden there. Thank god we needed that stop.

Our DLine is so undersized (especially with OJ out) and then linebackers seem to not fill the holes or the holes are two big to fill due to stunting.

What kind of pass was Morgan throwing there?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And they’re having trouble moving the ball against one the worst defenses in the country. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run the damn ball. I don’t care if Ibrahim has 50 carries. Keep running the ball

Well, that's improvement. We managed to chase him down from behind.

Barber unblocked playside inside linebacker, can’t tackle

I’d fire the coach though

Whelp I watched my customary 7 minutes... enjoy the long running gong show!

3 and out. This may be a looong and agonizing day for Gopher football fans.

Just praying they give up only a field goal.

They need two yards...give them a 5 yard cushion...

If Illinois just runs the ball and takes the 7 yard routs they can have on every pass play they will beat us by 21+ points.

Our DB’s are always playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. This defense is all so confusing.

Perhaps our good vibes coaching isn’t working on the lads

Yeah. To me barber looks overweight and slow.

If you fire Smith, it is for stuff like that. Not the scheme. What is Robb smith supposed to do other than get his inside backer unblocked exactly where the run play is going?

Is this QB really good? Why so much respect? I am so frustrated with our defensive coaches.

Our DB’s are always playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. This defense is all so confusing.

Well they are awful. So when you play them close to the LOS yougive uo big plays.
They may have decided after getting torched the first two drives to make them earn it a bit more.

Is this QB really good? Why so much respect? I am so frustrated with our defensive coaches.

Did you watch the first two drives?
Cushion helps you not give up long run plays because you have multiple levels.

Gotta tip my hat to the Illinois fans. Nice crowd, making some noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. To me barber looks overweight and slow.

If you fire Smith, it is for stuff like that. Not the scheme. What is Robb smith supposed to do other than get his inside backer unblocked exactly where the run play is going?

It seems as if the offensive player has to make one defender miss. Then he has daylight for 20 or more yards. The other defenders should be swarming to the ball. It’s one defender left on an island to make a one on one tackle.

Did you watch the first two drives?
Cushion helps you not give up long run plays because you have multiple levels.

Unfortunately, that strategy hasn’t exactly worked to perfection in 2018.

Coughlin has no business being a DE and Barber is too slow to be on the field. Move Coughlin back to LB. And seriously play Anne, Sapp, etc. Anyone but who is on the field.

Top Bottom