***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT BOSTON COLLEGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I'm sure this has been brought up already but was that one of the worse broadcasts you've ever seen? First of all, the audio was awful. Sounded like a high school game on the radio. Secondly, I was getting confused for awhile who was playing. Minnesota vs. Boston College or just Duke.

I'm sure this has been brought up already but was that one of the worse broadcasts you've ever seen? First of all, the audio was awful. Sounded like a high school game on the radio. Secondly, I was getting confused for awhile who was playing. Minnesota vs. Boston College or just Duke.

This was discussed a lot pages like 1-5. Miserable broadcast. More talk about Zion Williamson making $1 billion in his career than anything about the game. I'm also pretty sure the announcers want to date the BC point guard.

Really, really difficult to watch and listen to and that didn't include the terrible game by the Gophers.

Because he’s a great interview, funny, honest and overall seems like a guy the players enjoy.

I think people like him as a coaching personality, but those qualities are unfortunately not transferring into winning basketball games.

If he were a TV talk show host, I think those would be great attributes. He's a basketball coach and he has two primary responsibilities:

1) Produce winning basketball teams;

2) Keep the program relatively free of scandals, academic problems, and player misconduct.

He has kept the program relatively free of scandals and academic problems, but we don't know how much of that is due to him or relatively tight controls by a university still living in the shadow of a scandal plagued coaching regime. He has had a number of players engage in publicized misconduct.

He should be given only this year to demonstrate that he can achieve #1 to an acceptable level given that he has fallen short of performance on that dimension for his first five years.

Pitino chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Pitino is so likable. How many coaches step up and take the blame like this? I am rooting for him to succeed this year and long term here. He needs to continue to get better at his craft but I am confident he can do so.

Top Bottom