***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don’t think he ever gave RP much credit but I do remember him being enamored with Tubby. He was appalled when he was fired.
Izzo did the same for Richard (Pat on the head). As someone else pointed out, Izzo does this all the time. It’s nice and everything, but he’s just backing his fellow conference coaches. He’s never met a bad Big Ten coach in his life. And no, I’m not saying Ben is a bad coach. In fact, I’m quite encouraged so far.

Really incredible stats in this one:

MSU shoots 48% on 3s and out rebounds us 44-29 and we lose by 8 because we only turned the ball over 3 times. 3 turnovers versus MSU is crazy good.

Love the second half fight. People will come back to see that. We needed better shot selection in the first half. In the first half we forced shots. In the second half we got it in and then out for better looks. Lots of positives from this one, despite the loss.

Impressed with Ben!
Too funny.

Two losses away from "diversity hire."

You didn't take away anything positive from that game? Gonna be a long season for you
I don't agree with a lot of EG's post but I can see his points. There's a number of things that the gophers did well last night. However, at no point during the game was MSU uncomfortable. Izzo is basically a bully and an asshole and I never saw him going crazy in the huddle during a timeout. I also never really saw him lose his shit with the refs. (Of course there was some whining, but that's like breathing with him.) Those two things told me everything. If the gophers had made MSU uncomfortable, then it's justified to criticize EG's post. Unfortunately, they didn't.

In terms of an established coach getting calls? Maybe. How many did Tubby get?

Top Bottom