***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

That was an ugly win but it still counts just like any other win in the standings. It's always nice when you can have an off game and still win.

The team needs to learn how to push through adversity. It seems like every time the refs blow a call or they make dumb mistake, they let it get to their head and make more mistakes.

Hopefully we can shake off all of the bad from this game and come out ready to win on Sunday.

You don't think they pushed through adversity to get the win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynch really has to learn not to foul, it looked like Indiana's game plan to start the second half was to get Lynch out of the game, I think it took them about 2 minutes to accomplish that.

I attended tonight's game and had an awesome time. Great win for playing so ugly. We had an amazing series of events at the end that ALL had to happen for us to win: Coffee's three ball, Coffee's two free throws, Murphy's two free throws, Curry's steal, Curry's rebound tip-out to Springs and Springs' winning shot.

I sat across the aisle from Richard Coffee. When Amir was at the line at the end, he couldn't watch the free throws (he buried his face in his hands). Funny to watch as I know what that is like as a dad. I shook his hand after the game and told him he was one of my all-time favorite Gophers. He was very gracious and thanked me for the kind words. Great guy. Glad Amir is on this team.

What a crazy finish! Huge play by Curry to tip that out, even bigger play for the guy who was ice cold to hit the final shot, tipped off of his own miss. And one of the few games that, perhaps, we got just a bit of home B1G ref-cookin' (not that the refs were particularly good). Just a little bit. It was needed.

This and the Iowa win have made up for a few shoulda-been-wins-turned-losses earlier in the B1G season. 7-6 is about right where this team deserves to be. Have to bring intensity to the Michigan game...win that and the pressure should lessen dramatically.

Wow, these games are going to take years off my life. There were chances to put this game away and once again the Gophers just refuse to do it. How great was Eric Curry in this game? He had so many huge plays in the second half from a nice block to a great high/low pass to the biggest steal of the game to finally tapping that miss back to Springs for the game winner. If this game was lost, I was going to be pretty upset by some uncalled travels late by Bryant. You'd think we'd get ONE of those calls on our home court when it kept occurring on huge possessions late.

Nate Mason with a great first half and his free throws down the stretch were so important. Amir hit some big free throws late and his three kept the Gophers in it. Really nice performances from these guys.

The good news/bad news of this game is that the Gophers were able to win this game while getting almost nothing from Springs/McBrayer/Lynch. From being up 7 with a chance to go up 9 and Lynch can't control an entry pass then allows and and 1 on the other end. All of a sudden it's a 4 point game. Springs was mainly just off shooting, but he had at least a couple of uncharacteristic defensive lapses late as well. Dupree really looks out of sorts. I wasn't ready to panic after the last game, but today was a different story. At times he looked afraid to even handle the ball and had that horrific turnover in the first half. What I HOPE Pitino and the staff talks to Dupree about is letting the 3 fly when he is open. He had another possession today where he was wide open with his feet set behind the line, passed up the shot, then dribbled in and shot a contested 2...clank. I think the entire Barn was hoping that last midrange would go in when he shook his defender and got the open look, but it was long. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the Barn get on its feet for Dupree when he enters the game for the first time against Michigan. Really let him know the fans have his back. I still have a ton of believe in Dupree the player, but mental struggles can take the best of us down.

I was nervous about this game because it was so important for Indiana and I think their talent level is still tournament level. It's great to get the win and in some ways it's impressive to be able to get that win with so many of the Gophers regulars having off nights.

... Springs was mainly just off shooting, but he had at least a couple of uncharacteristic defensive lapses late as well. Dupree really looks out of sorts. I wasn't ready to panic after the last game, but today was a different story. At times he looked afraid to even handle the ball and had that horrific turnover in the first half. What I HOPE Pitino and the staff talks to Dupree about is letting the 3 fly when he is open. He had another possession today where he was wide open with his feet set behind the line, passed up the shot, then dribbled in and shot a contested 2...clank. I think the entire Barn was hoping that last midrange would go in when he shook his defender and got the open look, but it was long. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the Barn get on its feet for Dupree when he enters the game for the first time against Michigan. Really let him know the fans have his back. I still have a ton of believe in Dupree the player, but mental struggles can take the best of us down. ...

McBrayer appears to be going through the jitters that come with creeping doubts about your play. Clearly, he's not the only one to go through that kind of period this year, with the following players seeming to have gone through significant stretches (or are in one now), where they appear to lose confidence in their own abilities:
McBrayer
Coffey
Murphy
Konate
Mason
Hurt and the others spending most of their time on the bench

Benching McBrayer for Springs was most certainly the right move at the time, and remains such. But I'm sure that didn't help his confidence. He'll get it back, just a matter of when. He is clearly a talented player.

Why do so many of you insist on arguing with this guy all of the time? That's a colossal waste of time. Are your lives so devoid of drama or moments of needed assertiveness that you feel compelled to argue with worthless twits online?

You're probably right. I keep getting sucked in. I don't know why.

McBrayer appears to be going through the jitters that come with creeping doubts about your play. Clearly, he's not the only one to go through that kind of period this year, with the following players seeming to have gone through significant stretches (or are in one now), where they appear to lose confidence in their own abilities:
McBrayer
Coffey
Murphy
Konate
Mason
Hurt and the others spending most of their time on the bench

Benching McBrayer for Springs was most certainly the right move at the time, and remains such. But I'm sure that didn't help his confidence. He'll get it back, just a matter of when. He is clearly a talented player.

Agree with most of this, Pree has had some nice games since going to the 6th man role. All indications seem to point to that not being an issue, I think the dude is just in a slump. I also thought the move was more about Springs stepping up and figuring out his role, he got here late so i think Springs had to use the first half the season to get up to speed. Never thought the move was about Dupree

McBrayer is 7 for 25 from 3 in Big Ten play. He is struggling to score when defenses are set. He just needs to embrace a defensive role for now. Next year he won't have to play the point. Needs to work on his 3pt shot in the off season. Wish Murphy and Curry wouldn't take the 3 just because the defense is giving them that shot. They are currently not 3 pt shooters. Murphy 4 for 25, Curry 5 for 25.

Minnesota is tied for 194th in the country for 3pt FG % at .349, 256th in the number of makes. This isn't a shock as we knew this would be a weakness before the season.

Wow, these games are going to take years off my life. There were chances to put this game away and once again the Gophers just refuse to do it. How great was Eric Curry in this game? He had so many huge plays in the second half from a nice block to a great high/low pass to the biggest steal of the game to finally tapping that miss back to Springs for the game winner. If this game was lost, I was going to be pretty upset by some uncalled travels late by Bryant. You'd think we'd get ONE of those calls on our home court when it kept occurring on huge possessions late.

Nate Mason with a great first half and his free throws down the stretch were so important. Amir hit some big free throws late and his three kept the Gophers in it. Really nice performances from these guys.

The good news/bad news of this game is that the Gophers were able to win this game while getting almost nothing from Springs/McBrayer/Lynch. From being up 7 with a chance to go up 9 and Lynch can't control an entry pass then allows and and 1 on the other end. All of a sudden it's a 4 point game. Springs was mainly just off shooting, but he had at least a couple of uncharacteristic defensive lapses late as well. Dupree really looks out of sorts. I wasn't ready to panic after the last game, but today was a different story. At times he looked afraid to even handle the ball and had that horrific turnover in the first half. What I HOPE Pitino and the staff talks to Dupree about is letting the 3 fly when he is open. He had another possession today where he was wide open with his feet set behind the line, passed up the shot, then dribbled in and shot a contested 2...clank. I think the entire Barn was hoping that last midrange would go in when he shook his defender and got the open look, but it was long. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the Barn get on its feet for Dupree when he enters the game for the first time against Michigan. Really let him know the fans have his back. I still have a ton of believe in Dupree the player, but mental struggles can take the best of us down.

I was nervous about this game because it was so important for Indiana and I think their talent level is still tournament level. It's great to get the win and in some ways it's impressive to be able to get that win with so many of the Gophers regulars having off nights.

Bryant's traveling as well as his liberal use of arms and elbows to push his defender under the basket. You just can't defend that. Once Indiana knew they could do that without getting called, it's the only play they ran down the stretch.

Bryant's traveling as well as his liberal use of arms and elbows to push his defender under the basket. You just can't defend that. Once Indiana knew they could do that without getting called, it's the only play they ran down the stretch.

Exactly. Almost everyone was just a bull rush and could have been called a charge (or travel). Instead they called most of those fouls on us. So of course they kept doing it.

Exactly. Almost everyone was just a bull rush and could have been called a charge (or travel). Instead they called most of those fouls on us. So of course they kept doing it.

Watched the last four minutes. Add to the above, twice lowering the shoulder and plowing into the defender. That's supposed to be an automatic foul.

Watched the last four minutes. Add to the above, twice lowering the shoulder and plowing into the defender. That's supposed to be an automatic foul.

Happ did the same thing against the Gophers and didn't get called for it. Gopher big men may want to consider flopping once or twice.

When guys would try to back me down inside in High School I would sometimes push back and then quickly step back! More than once this resulted in them falling down or stumbling into a travel.

Top Bottom