***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It's not that. The players (particularly the guards) are worn out. This was a problem of insufficient recruiting.

Last night Indiana played 6 players off the bench for a total of 66 minutes. We played two bench players for a total of 24 minutes and Fox had 21 of those. Hawkins played the whole game (again), Mitchell missed a minute, and Christie and Garcia each missed 2 minutes. They've been doing this for awhile now. They can't afford to get too physical on defense and risk fouling out and they don't have the energy to go balls out on both ends of the floor for the entire game.
I don't disagree with your take. That has been his issue since day one, granted the first 2 years he had no depth. However, I will stick to my take as that being their identity.

If they ain't making outside shots they lose cuz they don't have anything else. Their offense is and has been for three years now, generally 4 & sometimes all 5 guys out on the perimeter with the first guy with a good look taking the shot.

STUBBORNLY started him, even when there were obviously more well rounded options, and now STUBBORNLY benching him. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ben's lineups and rotations are mysterious and often nonsensical.
AWESOME post!!!

JOJ was dealing with concussion like symptoms so he wasn’t an option.

How are so many guys getting concussions? Did Wilson blackout and think he was playing football at practice? Just imagining a scenario where he went into a hulk like rage and JOJ/Carrington heroically stepped in, but received a concussion in the process.

What possible reason would he have to make it up?
I'm just being pissy. I just wouldn't be surprised if there's more to the JOJ story here.

Likely wouldn't be the first time an injury covers up a situation where the kid and coach are just trying to ride it out for the rest of the year.

It doesn't benefit the kid or coach to tell the truth if there was an issue between them.

How are so many guys getting concussions? Did Wilson blackout and think he was playing football at practice? Just imagining a scenario where he went into a hulk like rage and JOJ/Carrington heroically stepped in, but received a concussion in the process.
It is odd though that both JOJ and Carrington are dealing with concussion symptoms at the same time like this when it isn't obvious when the injuries happened. Maybe they collided in practice or something and bumped heads. Or maybe your Wilson scenario is what happened :)

I'm just being pissy. I just wouldn't be surprised if there's more to the JOJ story here.

Likely wouldn't be the first time an injury covers up a situation where the kid and coach are just trying to ride it out for the rest of the year.

It doesn't benefit the kid or coach to tell the truth if there was an issue between them.
That makes sense if they are both on board with the fib.

What happened to Gophers forward Josh Ola-Joseph?

by Andy Greder/Pioneer Press

Josh Ola-Joseph started 42 consecutive games for the Gophers men’s basketball team to finish last season and start this season.

But over the past 10 games this year, the sophomore forward has barely seen the court.

Head coach Ben Johnson said Ola-Joseph had a headache at halftime of the 70-58 loss to Indiana on Wednesday, putting him back in concussion protocol.

“That’s why we couldn’t go to him,” Johnson explained.

The Gophers had only six players take the court for extensive minutes in the lethargic loss to the Hoosiers. Four starters — Elijah Hawkins, Mike Mitchell Jr., Cam Christie and Dawson Garcia — each played at least 38 minutes midweek and will be counted on again in the regular-season finale at Northwestern at 8 p.m. Saturday.

Ola-Joseph has played less than 10 minutes over the past 10 games.

“It’s more of, (we) only got so many minutes and I think Parker (Fox) has been playing really well,” Johnson said. “It’s hard when Parker (and) Dawson at that (power forward) spot are playing well. We’ve looked at (Ola-Joseph) as playing (there), so when those guys are rolling, you have to make a decision as a coach on what you want to do. It’s a numbers game. That’s it more than anything.”

Guard Braeden Carrington (concussion) missed a second consecutive game Wednesday, but he might be able to return Saturday. If he comes back, that would help ease the minute load for the starting trio of guards.

Top Bottom